Different bike different muscle groups?

ben@31
ben@31 Posts: 2,327
edited June 2017 in Road general
Hello,
With my bike, I mostly "feel it" in the quads after a hard ride or lots of climbs. I've just ignored this over the past one or two years and got used to it.
Today I tried a different bike, that had the fit set up for me. On my usual hill climb I really noticed the burn in my glutes. I don't get this with my other bike.
Is the saddle too low or was I sitting to far back?
I wonder because I've trained for years with my old bike Ive neglected glute strength for quad strength?
Thanks.
"The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Just a slightly different set up feels Very different. Might even be down to a different saddle.

Compare the bike measure measurements and see what iss different.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    bb30 on the new one?
    ..... :wink:
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    bb30 on the new one?
    ..... :wink:

PressFit 86.5
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • ZMC888
    ZMC888 Posts: 292
    On a similar theme, I used to run as a kid, but haven't for years as I want to protect my knees. In the last few years I've been doing long enduro rides over 200km, up to 280km. For world running day I decided to honour it by running 1.5km. The next morning I was so sore and 10 times worse than any mega ride, from some tiny slow jog, shows the complexity of the muscle groups in the legs.
  • 4kicks
    4kicks Posts: 549
    Very likely. Ive just changed bike and whilst the saddle height is the same, to get the same drop Ive had to move the saddle further back behind the BB some 3cm, and just that was enough to transfer the effort from quads to glutes. Pulled a glute muscle up a climb I do at least once a week! Ive now decided to have the same offset and hence a shorter reach (other option was a 15cm stem!) on the basis that its better to have the "ass to feet" measurements right than the effective reach which varies according to where I place my hands on the bars
    Fitter....healthier....more productive.....