preexit poll

2»

Comments

• vimfuego
    vimfuego Posts: 1,783
    vimfuego wrote:
    Aren't they a splinter group of MRL? ;-)

*retires to a safe distance*

*sprints after him him - well, hobbles due to poorly knee (did I tell anyone about that?) -dressed as a dragon ranting about an independent Wales whilst waving leeks* :)

:lol:
    CS7
    Surrey Hills
    What's a Zwift?
  • eric_draven
    eric_draven Posts: 1,192
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Where have all the lefties come from? Have people suddenly forgotten that they were taught economics and maths at school? :wink:

Maybe not everyone believes it's raining,and that certain sectors are pi*#ing on us
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    trek_dan wrote:
    As oppose to voting for tax increases and less access to public services for yourself whilst continuing to fund tax breaks for mega corporations and those who already have more than enough money you mean? :roll:
    Now why would I vote for both a tax increase and less access to public services? Not the best offer I've had in this election.

I'll ignore the leftie myth that the tax take from large corporates is going down - mainly because it isn't :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Where have all the lefties come from? Have people suddenly forgotten that they were taught economics and maths at school? :wink:
    You definitely did not go to my school.
    Thankfully not.

I was quite good at economics btw :wink:
    Economics at my school was for the girls - home economics. Boys did woodwork. Geography was an exotic subject dismissed by many as pointless. Best days of your life.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I wonder how the poll here would change if Corbyn replaced his plan to fund his "Unicorns For All" programme by means of levying extra taxes on just those who own a luxury bike (ie anything with a non-steel frame or better components than Shimano Sora) rather than the relatively limited number of taxpayers who earn >£80k.
    Not a bad idea. Some may argue the threshold should be higher (such as105) but tax them more. Would make people think harder as its easy to vote for someone promising loads of free stuff when you're not paying for it.
    I predict hand-built steel frames with vintage kit exploiting a loophole.
    :lol:

And possibly a popular rebellion by the 'squeezed middle' who have aluminium frames?

"Only those riding DuraAce or Di2 will pay more tax".

I should rename myself Lynton Crosby and become a political strategist.
    That's the manifesto promise. The reality is that anyone riding better than Sora will get shafted.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    You definitely did not go to my school.
    Thankfully not.

I was quite good at economics btw :wink:
    Economics at my school was for the girls - home economics. Boys did woodwork. Geography was an exotic subject dismissed by many as pointless. Best days of your life.

Off-topic a bit, Belgian Beer Geek, but can you answer the long standing pub quiz stalwart? "Name 3 famous non-fictional Belgians." People, not beers, obviously.
  • Stevo_666
    Off-topic a bit, Belgian Beer Geek, but can you answer the long standing pub quiz stalwart? "Name 3 famous non-fictional Belgians." People, not beers, obviously.
    I can.

Audrey Hepburn
    Jean-Claude van Damme
    Plastic Bertrand.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,954
    mamba80 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

My daughter summed up why younger folk like Corbyn.... he is the sort of guy that if you kicked a ball into his Garden, he d come out and have a kick around with you..... May would call the Police.

But wouldn't her cuts mean it was just a phone ringing in an empty office like the Carlsberg ad? (I bet that advert was a long time ago and I'm showing my age!)
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,221
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I can.

Audrey Hepburn
    Jean-Claude van Damme
    Plastic Bertrand.

And a couple of tennis players and a bunch of footballers. And maybe a few cyclists.
  • Stevo_666
    mamba80 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

My daughter summed up why younger folk like Corbyn.... he is the sort of guy that if you kicked a ball into his Garden, he d come out and have a kick around with you..... May would call the Police.

But wouldn't her cuts mean it was just a phone ringing in an empty office like the Carlsberg ad? (I bet that advert was a long time ago and I'm showing my age!)
    Corbyn would keep Mamba's ball because he's a bourgeois higher rate tax payer and give it to some kids that he thinks deserve it more.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,221
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    mamba80 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Corbyn would keep Mamba's ball because he's a bourgeois higher rate tax payer and give it to some kids that he thinks deserve it more.

The ball has been taken into common ownership.
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    mamba80 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

it would Mambets ball and she pays no tax.... so he would give her back the ball and then hop over the Garden fence, take your bat and ball, giving her those too, he d then sell you a new ball at an inflated (getit) price, giving the profits to fund a new pitch.
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Although it won't make much impact I voted for Sammy Hagars favourite colour.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.