Mavic Aksium tubeless anyone?

joecamel
joecamel Posts: 81
edited June 2017 in Workshop
Has anyone converted their Mavic Aksium wheelset to tubeless?
Did it work? Was it worth it?

Comments

• orlok
    orlok Posts: 89
    joecamel wrote:
    Yes, with two layers of Tesa 4289 tape and Stan's NoTubes valves with Schwalbe Doc Blue latex. I drove with Hutchinson Fusion 3 and with Schwalbe One and the Pro all tubeless tyres. It works fine and it is worth to drive 'tubeless'.! :wink:
    There will be always a moment of tailwind.Pinarello F8/10 - Ultegra 8000 Di2 - Carbonspeed C50 UST - Tubeless
  • joecamel
    Orlok wrote:
    joecamel wrote:
    Yes, with two layers of Tesa 4289 tape and Stan's NoTubes valves with Schwalbe Doc Blue latex. I drove with Hutchinson Fusion 3 and with Schwalbe One and the Pro all tubeless tyres. It works fine and it is worth to drive 'tubeless'.! :wink:

What pressures do you run? (psi)
  • orlok
    orlok Posts: 89
    joecamel wrote:
    Orlok wrote:
    joecamel wrote:

What pressures do you run? (psi)
    Weight +90kg and drive tyres 23 mm at 6,5 and 7 bar but can also at 5,5 and 6 bar ( 1bar = 15 PSI).
    There will be always a moment of tailwind.Pinarello F8/10 - Ultegra 8000 Di2 - Carbonspeed C50 UST - Tubeless
  • joecamel
    Cheers bro