If you don't vote you're an idiot (IMO)

124»

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,702
    Veronese68 wrote:
    ben@31 wrote:
    The SNP won by only 0.2% of the vote. If only another 76 people could have been bothered.
    Goldsmith won by 45 votes, Kensington is being recounted again after a break. Rudd nearly lost her seat it was that close. I'm sure there are many other similar ones.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-s ... s-40214545

General election 2017: SNP wins Fife North East seat by just two votes
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    I'm in a Tory safe seat in Hampshire, where they retained 65% vote share. However Labour moved from 3rd place to a convincing 2nd. This affects how the parties will plan and campaign in any further election, especially if we get another one within a year (or 6 months) as I expect.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,254
    Veronese68 wrote:
    ben@31 wrote:
    The SNP won by only 0.2% of the vote. If only another 76 people could have been bothered.
    Goldsmith won by 45 votes, Kensington is being recounted again after a break. Rudd nearly lost her seat it was that close. I'm sure there are many other similar ones.

I hope the 5,773 people who voted Labour in Richmond Park are all happy with their new MP.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    I hope the 5,773 people who voted Labour in Richmond Park are all happy with their new MP.
    Indeed, my son voted Lib Dem for that very reason. He's only 18 and it's the second time he's voted. If only 46 more had thought like him. His girlfriend is 18 today and is really annoyed she couldn't vote. She could have cut his majority by over 2%.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,254
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Indeed, my son voted Lib Dem for that very reason. He's only 18 and it's the second time he's voted. If only 46 more had thought like him. His girlfriend is 18 today and is really annoyed she couldn't vote. She could have cut his majority by over 2%.

She can vote in the one later this year.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    She can vote in the one later this year.
    I think she would have done so anyway when she could, she's quite conscientious about that sort of thing. But the events of the last year or so have politicised her a lot more.
  • lucan2
    lucan2 Posts: 293
    I'm an idiot. Always have been.

Alternatively, I may be the one who isn't.