The Struggle Moors

alexjones5
alexjones5 Posts: 42
Anyone riding this?

I did The Dales one last month which was a really tough ride. Very well organised event.

I'm sure this will have the same level of organisation and looks even tougher! CW gave it 10/10 in a March review.

ridethestruggle.com

Be good to see someone as I've entered solo.

Comments

• mr_mojo
    mr_mojo Posts: 200
    I'm considering doing it, I also the the Dales ride and enjoyed it. Found it hard going just before feed station 3 and up the Two Stoops climb but found my legs again for the finish, on the whole it wasn't as hard as I was expecting. I do agree the Moors event looks harder. Shorter climbs but much steeper, Boltby and Rosedale especially.

Just entered the 100 mile Ripon Revolution Sportive that's in a couple of weeks time, looks a decent route covering some of the Struggle Dales roads. I've entered this solo as I'm wanting to go for a decent time. Did the Dales Struggle in a group and there was a fair bit of "regrouping" and extended feed station stops that put an end to a good time.
  • alexjones5
    alexjones5 Posts: 42
    Haha, been in those groups before which is why I tend to do these solo. Did Dales with a mate, waited for him at the top of all the climbs although he did pull me along for 20 miles around Masham so reckon it was equal!
    Two Stoops was horrible wasn't it?
    Don't forget Glaisdale Horror on the Moors, apparently harder than Rosedale!