Orbea Orca M10 Weight?

Paul Stumpy FSR
Paul Stumpy FSR Posts: 59
edited June 2017 in Road buying advice
Hi,
Looking at a new bike and like the fact the Orca M10 has discs and Di2. However, i cant find a weight of it anywhere. I know its not all about being the lightest, but i'd like it to be a fair bit lighter than my cube agree at 8kg.
Does anyone have one or know what it is? There are no stockists with one near me.
thanks
Paul

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    you might be disappointed...
    left the forum March 2023
  • are they really heavy then? i know the canyon spec theirs at around 7.5kg
    cheers
  • ugo.santalucia
    are they really heavy then? i know the canyon spec theirs at around 7.5kg
    cheers

To start with... they sell bikes without pedals, so add 300 grams... often bikes don't have bottle cages either, so add another 150 grams... and you get to 8 kg.
  • yeah, all adds up. may sack off the discs then.
    cheers
  • ugo.santalucia
    I did...

people give too much weight to braking in the wet... how often do you ride down steep wet descents? You just have to take it a bit more carefully, which you probably would anyway...

Then there is the rim wear issue, which is real, but again, do you really religiously replace your wheels only when they are worn out? Or it's more a case when there is money to burn, it's nice to have a pair of wheels that need replacing?

For a summer carbon bike, I think rim is still the choice
  • i think you've hit the nail on the head there. i'm super cautious in the wet, as i only ride in the wet when i've been caught out. fair weather cyclist usually!
    not fussed about rim wear either. i'm only 66kg, so hardly stopping a giant.
    Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Di2 9.0 is leading the way so far!
    thanks
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    I want an Orca at the moment.....
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.