Genesis Equilibrium Disc frame questions

graemevet
graemevet Posts: 61
edited June 2017 in Workshop
I've just ordered a 2016 Equilibrium disc frame - reynolds 725 steel frame to 'scratch the itch'. I can't find any technical info on the frame. Like this one:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genesis-Equilibrium-Disc-Frameset-725-Frame-Carbon-Fork-Pacific-Blue-XS-/132189743826?hash=item1ec71f6ad2:g:6f8AAOSwopRYg0z8

I'm assuming its a band on mech, but what size?

Does anyone know what the disc mounts are - IS/post

What is the cable routing like?

Front fork 12mm thru and rear QR?

Thanks in advance,

Graeme

Comments

• dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,222
    http://www.genesisbikes.co.uk/bikes/roa ... isc-725-fs

FD 28.6mm band on
    Post disc mounts
    Q/R dropouts
    External cable routing
  • londoncommuter
    londoncommuter Posts: 1,550
    edited July 2017
    pppp
  • graemevet
    Thanks for the information. I'm looking to build it up with a few odds and ends in the garage as a long distance comfortable light-tourer / bike packing bike. Having said that, its going to get a 105 hydro groupset and some Hunt wheels.

I'll report back on the build progress and I'll no doubt get stuck at some point!

Graeme
  • londoncommuter
    londoncommuter Posts: 1,550
    edited July 2017
    pppp
  • graemevet
    Sorry as I didn't post to try and flog you stuff but if you do want some lovely matching Genesis bars (42cm c-c) or stem (110mm) then let me know. As new as I've only just got the bike and was just trying them out to work out whether I need to lower the front end a bit. Would switch to 40cm bars and a -17o stem as it is a little "sportivy" for slicing through traffic.

Thanks, I'm not blessed in the height department so I'll be looking for a 50-70mm stem and 380mm bars! :lol:
  • edward.s
    edward.s Posts: 226
    I've been riding a stock Eqi disc for 6 months now - its a lovely ride and you'll be really happy with it.

Front brake mount is post and rear is flat. You'll need a 140-160 adapter for the 105 hydro if you want to run 160 at the back.

I've a stock build and all I have changed is the saddle to my fav Plug one and the tyres to some with a higher Tpi. I am about to change from the (pretty good) TRP HY/RD brakes to a full hydro 105 setup, but only because I want to cascade the HY/RDs to my CX bike and loose the awful render-r cable calipers on that bike.