Canyon UK Workshop

gnave
gnave Posts: 65
edited June 2017 in Workshop
Good Morning all,

Has anybody had any experience with Canyon UK workshop?

My three months old Cf SLX had developed a problem with its front brake in addition to local LBS are unable two pressurise the oil in the hydraulic system.....

I assume I will be required to pay for delivery of the bike to the workshop, but do they arrange I for you and bill you?

Thanks.

Comments

• Spikounet
    Spikounet Posts: 5
    Nothing to do with Canyon, rather SRAM or Shimano disc brakes depending on which one is installed on your bike.
    I would simply try another workshop to find a mechanic that has experience with disc brakes. Disc brakes can be a bit tricky to maintain and take some patience in the learning processs.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Ignore above. Probably easiest to contact Canyon and find out. It will still be under warranty. You should just be able to send the offending brake back, not the whole bike.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • gnave
    gnave Posts: 65
    Good Morning,

Done as suggested above :) but it appears you can't have a new brake until you sent the old one for inspection. So I will be looking to buy a new brake in the interim as I do not want to wait weeks on end.

I also managed to figure out how to bleed the brakes myself.

If you want something done right, DO IT YOURSELF!
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    gnave wrote:
    Good Morning,

Done as suggested above :) but it appears you can't have a new brake until you sent the old one for inspection. So I will be looking to buy a new brake in the interim as I do not want to wait weeks on end.

I also managed to figure out how to bleed the brakes myself.

If you want something done right, DO IT YOURSELF!

...or perhaps "If you want something done yourself, buy through an online retailer"?
  • birdie23
    birdie23 Posts: 457
    Bobbinogs wrote:
    ...or perhaps "If you want something done yourself, buy through an online retailer"?

Isn't this more a complaint that the LBS didn't know what they were doing with discs?
    2012 Cube Agree GTC