Forks servicing question

kirkee
kirkee Posts: 369
edited June 2017 in MTB workshop & tech
I have no real knowledge of suspension forks other than adjusting sag and topping up the air. How often should you service your forks? I guess this will be relative to usage etc. Mine have done 600km from new, all my rides are generally wet/muddy and on trails. Very little road or dry use. They are working fine, but with forks do you generally wait until they start playing up or should you service them according to some sort of schedule/routine?
Caveat - I buy and ride cheap, however, I reserve the right to advise on expensive kit that I have never actually used and possibly never will

Comments

• kirkee
    Thanks, they are Suntour Epixon 29er 120mm travel, 15mm thru axle version.
    Caveat - I buy and ride cheap, however, I reserve the right to advise on expensive kit that I have never actually used and possibly never will
  • kirkee
    Thanks
  • sanchez12
    sanchez12 Posts: 8
    from working on suntour forks over the years they are very reliable but as a good guide ever 4 months if used in the wet (heavly) or every 8 months for normal dry use if you use that as a guide that has`worked well for me and my customers with the same fork
  • kirkee
    sanchez12 wrote:
    from working on suntour forks over the years they are very reliable but as a good guide ever 4 months if used in the wet (heavly) or every 8 months for normal dry use if you use that as a guide that has`worked well for me and my customers with the same fork
    Thanks for that, I'll book them in soon for a service then