How do I fix this (hub centering)

Patd29
Patd29 Posts: 13
edited June 2017 in Workshop
Hi as you can see the rear wheel is running out of line with rest of the bike, it is relatively in lateral and radial true. The wheel has bladed spokes with a 2:1 ratio. And ps how do I upload a photo from a phone

Comments

• trailflow
    trailflow Posts: 1,311
    Upload the image to a website like https://imgbb.com then copy and paste the link here
  • keezx
    keezx Posts: 1,322
    Patd29 wrote:
    Hi as you can see the rear wheel is running out of line with rest of the bike, it is relatively in lateral and radial true. The wheel has bladed spokes with a 2:1 ratio. And ps how do I upload a photo from a phone

1-Put the wheel in the frame the other way round so you wlll know whether the wheel or the frame is the problem.
    2-Report the result here.
  • Patd29
    https://ibb.co/mTd8JF here is the picture
  • Patd29
    Keezx wrote:
    Patd29 wrote:

1-Put the wheel in the frame the other way round so you wlll know whether the wheel or the frame is the problem.
    The frame appears to be fine, it's carbon so hasn't bent and there is no obvious damage
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Patd29 wrote:
    Keezx wrote:
    Patd29 wrote:

The frame appears to be fine, it's carbon so hasn't bent and there is no obvious damage

So you tried fitting the wheel? Not clear from your post whether you did or not.
  • Patd29
    Yes I tried fitting the wheel
  • Nick Payne
    Nick Payne Posts: 288
    The quickest way to find out if the rim is properly centred between the faces of the axle locknuts is to use a dishing gauge.

Alternatively, if you turn the wheel around so that the cassette is on the left (as viewed from the rear), fit it back into the dropouts and tighten the quick release, is the wheel still offset to the same side as previously or to the other side? If the former, the problem is with the frame, if the latter, the problem is with the wheel. Just because the frame is undamaged doesn't mean that it is perfectly aligned.
  • trailflow
    trailflow Posts: 1,311
    In your previous thread it sounds like you had a go at truing it,correct ?

So that suggests you didn't dish the wheel correctly.