Campagnolo BB cable guide

100%
100% Posts: 236
edited June 2017 in Workshop
Hi,

I'm re-cabling a bike with campagnolo Record 10s having bought the current campagnolo gear and brake cable set available.

It seems like the under BB cable guide has changed design and is intended for a bike with an oversized BB shell rather than the 'standard' size I have on my steel frame. It's definitely different to what was on there previously.

Anyone else found a similar issue? Is there a different cable guide I should be using for different frame styles?

Cheers,
Steve

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,148
    i've seen bb cable guides with different curves

they're generic items, try a local bike shop, they've probably got umpteen old ones for smaller diameter bb shells
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    All the internet people have billions of them - someone like SJS will be able to sort you no dramas.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • 100%
    Might try checking with the L(-ish)BS.
    All the internet people have billions of them - someone like SJS will be able to sort you no dramas.

They do...the question is which one do I need? :)

Cheers,
    Steve
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    100% wrote:
    Might try checking with the L(-ish)BS.

They do...the question is which one do I need? :)

Cheers,
    Steve

Either a quick call to them and they will be able to assist or order a load, try them all, send back the ones that don't fit. I'm about to do this with something else.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • 100%
    Thanks for the responses. No freebies but got one from a pot of spares at the LBS - turns out a Shimano part is perfect for my frame.

Ironic when even the bike shop is complaining about what a pain it is getting the right one for various frames... I'll have to put that EPS groupset on my Christmas list! :D