thursday they're rounding up the usual suspects

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    Veronese68 wrote:
    It's Hopper's round, he mentioned tax. Stevo will agree because he pencilled in a draft of complicated conditions which if everything goes wrong, the tax payer will bail him out and it saves him buying the round.

FTFY
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    No - still away.

Hope Da'esh go wherever you're going and plague you with Shi'ite (see what I did there? Good eh) music and stamp on all the pork scratchings so you can't have any.

I love a pork scratching. I would be mighty vexed if the emissaries of the caliphate were to stamp on my bag of scratchings. They'd probably spill my pint too, and I'd be forced to tut at them angrily and get V68 to buy some more while they ululate and fire their assault rifles into the air. Richmond has really gone downhill since I was last there.

This is a quirky set up where the emissaries leave you in a quandary and you had better be quick if you want to avoid a squabble as they will quaff your quiches, quinoa and drink your Queer Screwdriver's and then squish you as you squawk a high pitched squeak when you get squashed and will be rendered so thin, you'll be opaque. Not even quenching their conquering quest with quinine will help in any way. You'll be turned into a quivering mess.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    No - still away.

Hope Da'esh go wherever you're going and plague you with Shi'ite (see what I did there? Good eh) music and stamp on all the pork scratchings so you can't have any.

I love a pork scratching. I would be mighty vexed if the emissaries of the caliphate were to stamp on my bag of scratchings. They'd probably spill my pint too, and I'd be forced to tut at them angrily and get V68 to buy some more while they ululate and fire their assault rifles into the air. Richmond has really gone downhill since I was last there.

This is a quirky set up where the emissaries leave you in a quandary and you had better be quick if you want to avoid a squabble as they will quaff your quiches, quinoa and drink your Queer Screwdriver's and then squish you as you squawk a high pitched squeak when you get squashed and will be rendered so thin, you'll be opaque. Not even quenching their conquering quest with quinine will help in any way. You'll be turned into a quivering mess.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Magnificent Qu.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    hopkinb wrote:
    No - still away.

Artisan or Mr Porky?

You can't beat a Black Country pork scratching but the best I had were from a tiny pub oooop north that came in sandwich bags closed with dirty cable ties. Lush they were.

Almost as lush as the red head bird I was there with.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Where tf have you lot been?
    Where's Gazza?
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb wrote:
    No - still away.

Artisan or Mr Porky?

You can't beat a Black Country pork scratching but the best I had were from a tiny pub oooop north that came in sandwich bags closed with dirty cable ties. Lush they were.

Almost as lush as the red head bird I was there with.

Black country style, what with me being born in Bromsgrove. Ms hopkinb's stepfather brings me plastic bags of scratchings from the market in York when he visits his dad. Nearly as good.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Here. Done with work for two weeks. I'm eating a pizza. Haircut tomorrow.
  • Garry H
    Oh, rain over by yur.
  • pinno
    Yep, pi$$ing down since 2pm. Now it's proper proper West Coast smurry.

Happy holidays BTW.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    hopkinb wrote:
    Best steer clear of tax, for many reasons. :D
    It's what I get paid for :wink:

Now waiting outside the O2 for Stropteen and her mate to emerge. At least its warm and dry.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Garry H
    Can't decide what bike I would buy if I decided to buy one. Quite fancy a TCR, maybe with disc brakes. Hmm...
  • hopkinb
    I had a call from Lloyds bank following my speculative PPI complaint. I had a credit card from 1996 to 2003, on which I paid PPI, they said I hadn't ticked PPI box on the form. I assume I will be a millionaire soon.

As per Gaz. Hmmmm. What bike. I fancy super six evo with sram red from 2 years ago.

Obvs if I'm not a millionaire, I still love my current bike.
  • pinno
    edited June 2017
    The Giant TCR works for the 6 foot plus lot but you're short(ish) and therefore that gives you lots of choice. The Giant is soul less, let's face it.
    Personally, get a decent Specialized Tarmac/S Works or even Roubaix off ebay and furnish it with the right components and wheels. If it's already furnished, sell the bits off to pay for the furnishings.
    Otherwise, if you have the cash a Cento Uno or a C59/C60 frameset.

My Wilier is such a sparkly ride and it's only an Izoard.
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    I had a call from Lloyds bank following my speculative PPI complaint. I had a credit card from 1996 to 2003, on which I paid PPI, they said I hadn't ticked PPI box on the form. I assume I will be a millionaire soon.

I got PPI back for a loan which was my old student over draft turned into one (on the banks 'advice'). I paid 3 instalments and then paid the whole lot off in one. So I basically paid 3 x £66. I paid roughly £30 interest + PPI.
    I got a cheque for £1300 PPI return. The whole overdraft turned into a loan was less than £1800.
  • Garry H
    I got 120 odd pounds.

Do I want discs?
  • pinno
    No.

You don't cycle in the Alps, you aren't 75kg's +.

...hang on, you got what?!
  • Garry H
    120 odd pounds PPI thing. Unrelated to buying a bike.
  • pinno
    Oh. Deliberately ambiguous but i''ll persevere.
    What's the bike budget?
  • Garry H
    Two grandish
  • pinno
    Then definitely go on ebay. You can get a hell of a lot of bike for 2 grandish.

Apart from the gear levers and the rear mech. Almost everything I got for the Wilier was second hand, including the frame.
    The Spec is:
    Wilier Izoard
    Campag R11 throughout
    Eurus Wheels
    Carbon seatpost
    Cinelli Bars
    FSA Stem
    Selle Italia Gel 2
    Look Keo Carbon pedals

Total cost: approx. £1250
  • pinno
    Look at dat:

s-l1600.jpg
  • Garry H
    That yours?
  • Garry H
    wilier-izoard-xp-2012-road-bike-EV149367-9999-1.jpg

Quite like this
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Best steer clear of tax, for many reasons. :D
    It's what I get paid for :wink:

Now waiting outside the O2 for Stropteen and her mate to emerge. At least its warm and dry.

Did you manage to get a whore/masturbate in the end?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,329
    The black and orange Willier looks nice, the red and white thing is horrible. Also the curved top tube with the cable under it looks dreadful.
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:
    That yours?

Have you ever clicked on one of the following on my signature? :roll:

S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
    W - Wiggle Honda
  • Matthewfalle
    Veronese68 wrote:
    The black and orange Willier looks nice, the red and white thing is horrible. Also the curved top tube with the cable under it looks dreadful.

This. Sorry.

The nice one with S/R and phat Boras. Now you're talking.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H
    Saw giants in bike shop and a nice tarmac then bought an Endura, Gabba type thing for half price.
  • pinno
    I like the Endura stuff except my old winter bibs are past their best. Tried to order the DHB deep winter one's from Wiggle in Feb. Opened up a chat in the dialogue box and they told me what winter stuff was out of stock, would not be replaced until... August/September.(?!) Bollox.
  • Garry H
    Pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    That yours?

Have you ever clicked on one of the following on my signature? :roll:

S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
    W - Wiggle Honda

Slamstyle, I like it.

I have one of these, but it's about 9 years old now. I think the carbon will melt quite soon, hence quest for new bike

kinesis_kr810_side_hi.jpg