Buying a USED Road Bike

1uuke
1uuke Posts: 10
edited June 2017 in Road beginners
Hi Guys,

I decided to start cycling so I am currently looking for a used bike as I am not in a position to afford a new one. I am looking at a Cervelo R2 105 2015 and a Bottechia ottavio (8avio) 105 2015. Both have the same price tag.

Which 1 would you choose? Any reviews about these models? I know that there were some recalls of many Cervelos a few years back due to cracks in the frame but this occurred back in 2005-2008.

Any opinion/help is much appreciated!

Comments

• davesnothere
    davesnothere Posts: 620
    Both quite serious bits of kit. What is the price tag out of interest?
    GET WHEEZY - WALNUT LUNG RACING TEAM™
  • 1uuke
    Both quite serious bits of kit. What is the price tag out of interest?

Hi mate, thanks for the feedback. Bottechia at 1k EURO and Cervelo at 1.3k EURO. What do you think regarding the prices?
  • 2016 R2's are going for around 1600-1700 quid secondhand. Personally I'd prefer the Cervelo.
  • davesnothere
    davesnothere Posts: 620
    2016 R2's are going for around 1600-1700 quid secondhand. Personally I'd prefer the Cervelo.

Seconded.

Not so long ago you could still get 2015 105 spec R2 brand new for £1,600 in the UK, can't remember where i saw them though. Worth a hunt around
    GET WHEEZY - WALNUT LUNG RACING TEAM™
  • 1uuke
    2016 R2's are going for around 1600-1700 quid secondhand. Personally I'd prefer the Cervelo.

Seconded.

Not so long ago you could still get 2015 105 spec R2 brand new for £1,600 in the UK, can't remember where i saw them though. Worth a hunt around

I managed to find a 2015 R2 at 1.3k EURO locally. Browsed many sites and also on ebay, could not find any cheaper than that. I live in Malta therefore shipping can be quite expensive :(
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    1uuke wrote:

Seconded.

I managed to find a 2015 R2 at 1.3k EURO locally. Browsed many sites and also on ebay, could not find any cheaper than that. I live in Malta therefore shipping can be quite expensive :(

So, you've been to Malta have you .........l.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    When i was in Malta, you couldn't ride a road bike because all the roads had actually melted in the heat.
  • 1uuke
    Garry H wrote:
    When i was in Malta, you couldn't ride a road bike because all the roads had actually melted in the heat.

Most of the roads are in a desperate state :? but theres a couple of roads where you can cycle around "safely" :lol:
  • 1uuke
    1uuke wrote:

Seconded.

So, you've been to Malta have you .........l.

Yeah I am Maltese :)