Rider down - Hyde Park

secretsam
secretsam Posts: 5,098
edited June 2017 in Commuting chat
Appeared to be a "blue on blue" incident this morning - two bikes on the deck, only one rider visible, I arrived just after it happened, someone dialling 999. Rider conscious, hope both were OK.

It's just a hill. Get over it.

Comments

• spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    considering the standard of riding (across london) ive seen the past few weeks this was inevitable.

I slowed my pace this morning as there was a guy riding into me at every opportunity. so dangerous.
  • condorman
    condorman Posts: 811
    I now fear cyclists more than other traffic. Lane or direction changes without even a glance over their shoulder and don't get me started on the bus lane shield - once you're cycling in the bus lane the force will protect you and you don't have to watch out for anything.
    Condor Pista
    50x16
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,243
    it's always been the case... when was the last time you had a car 5 inches behind you drafting? Or a car passing you on the left 10 inches away?
    Bikes are more dangerous than cars... although of course you will be less likely to have a serious accident with another bike. Mass rules
    left the forum March 2023
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    So if you're less likely to have an serious accident- then bikes are safer ?

Most of the time if someone bumps you from the rear they're more at risk of injury than the rider in front anyway.
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    cougie wrote:
    So if you're less likely to have an serious accident- then bikes are safer ?

Most of the time if someone bumps you from the rear they're more at risk of injury than the rider in front anyway.

Use more lube.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?