Gore Bike Wear Shorts - are they any good?

buckmulligan
buckmulligan Posts: 1,031
edited May 2017 in Road buying advice
Hi, I'm looking at purchasing a couple of new pairs of shorts and was wondering about Gore Bike Wear shorts in general; I have a few other Gore items and they've been a bit of a mixed bag really, some good, some rubbish.

What are your experiences of their range of shorts and how do the Gore Bike Wear chamois compare to others such as the Castelli Progetto X2 and KISS pads or the CyTech pads in DHB shorts?

Specifically I'm looking at the Oxygen 2.0 shorts, available for ~£80 which is probably the limit of my budget for now!

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    I think I read a review of them and they said that they weren't the greatest because of seam placing.

I'm still recommending Lusso shorts from Merlin at every opportunity.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • benjamess
    benjamess Posts: 159
    I think I read a review of them and they said that they weren't the greatest because of seam placing.

which pair? looking for some new shorts might give them a try.
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    I wear gore and castelli shorts both on and off road. The castelli fit better when I am fitter in the summer and have lost a bit of weight. Both are fine with no issues for me.
  • Salsa
    Salsa Posts: 753
    I've got a couple of pairs of mid range Gore from a couple of years ago, they're ok but I wouldn't buy them again and I only use them on the turbo. Fit, pad and material is no where near the quality of my Pactimo/Morvello or Castelli shorts. Then again my Castelli's aren't as nice as the Pactimo or Morvello's.
    Both those are on sale direct at the minute, the Pactimo Raptors are awesome and the Morvello N'th series are just as nice but you'd have to up your budget to £90 to get either of those.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639

Which ones exactly? Need new shorts.