Tubeless repair

rockmonkeysc
rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
edited May 2017 in MTB workshop & tech
I've got a cut in a new tyre. Is there any way to repair it?

Comments

• imafatman
    imafatman Posts: 351
    How big are we talking? There are patches you can get which you install from inside the tyre which will seal relatively large cuts. That's your best bet for something which is too large to be sealed by tyre sealant.
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Use superglue to stick the split together and then stick a puncture repair patch on the inside of the tyre to cover the repaired split.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    We had a few tyre mishaps in the Lake District last week. Couple of guys used, I think, Panaracer tubeless repair kits. Seemed to work on, but depends on the damage I suppose.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    Park Tools do these, saw them on ebay 3 patches for like a fiver. I've just recently converted to tubeless and while its great I did wonder what to do with a cut in the tyre.

What tyre is it? I've fitted maxxis exo sidewall tyres on my mega and they seem robust.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    How long is the cut? I've used three Panaracer tubeless repair "worms" side by side and that's held. Not sure I'd want to try more.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris