Lightweight back pocket jacket

jpower
jpower Posts: 554
edited May 2017 in Road buying advice
How'd you just been looking around for a white waterproof lightweight jacket, the one you shove in the back pocket.

Seen Castelli Squadra on wiggle for £35 wondering if there some other good option for less?

Comments

• super_davo
    super_davo Posts: 1,140
    Very impressed with my £13.50 Endura Pakajak. Wiggle & CRC have them at that price.
    Decent venting so not boil in bag, packs really small. OK rain protection, as good as any pocket jacket unless you consider something like a Gore One as a pocket jacket!
  • jpower
    Is it transparent at all?
  • timbo_tim
    timbo_tim Posts: 199
    I picked up an endura fs260 race cape recently and it was perfect in the recent downpours on my commute. Somehow I got mine for £35 but currently online for £74 so not sure how helpful right now, but if you see one at £40 or under its brilliant!
  • animal72
    animal72 Posts: 251
    Ive got a Squadra,can't really go wrong for the price.

As with all Castelli stuff, try before you buy as you'll probably end up with a size bigger than you normally use.
    Condor Super Acciaio, Record, Deda, Pacentis.
    Curtis 853 Handbuilt MTB, XTR, DT Swiss and lots of Hope.
    Genesis Datum Gravel Bike, Pacentis (again).
    Genesis Equilibrium Disc, 105 & H-Plus-Son.

Mostly Steel.
  • super_davo
    super_davo Posts: 1,140
    jpower wrote:

Depends on the colour. I've got the yellow which is very slightly translucent, the black not at all - but the white at CRC is.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Aldi usually sell jackets like this for a fiver or so. It spends most of its life sitting in a pocket - works for me as an extra layer to have.
  • jpower
    super_davo wrote:
    jpower wrote:

Depends on the colour. I've got the yellow which is very slightly translucent, the black not at all - but the white at CRC is.

Think this will do the trick, just waiting till tonight a couple on flea bay ending else I will order the CRC. Thanks.