Commuting Rucksack

FeltZ85
FeltZ85 Posts: 28
edited May 2017 in Road buying advice
Anyone got any recommendations for a commuter rucksack ?

I've had an under armour one that wore out after many years of good service but everything i've tried since is either too small (needs to carry work clothing and a pair of shoes etc) or uncomfortable on the back

Comments

• alanparsons
    alanparsons Posts: 529
    I used to use a Deuter Race, it's a bit too small for what you need but they do a larger version.
    It has a mesh section that keeps your back ventilated.
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    The dhb range are pretty good. They seem to have stopped doing the 40 litre model, but 30 l should meet your needs.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/rucksacks/?ea=4294789716
  • stueys
    stueys Posts: 1,332
    The Osprey ones have a trampoline type arrangement that keeps the pack away from your back, which is nice. They also have a range of cycling specific ones though I'm not sure what makes them cycling specific. Good packs none the less, I've had a coupe for hiking which I've also used for commuting.
  • I use this, it's completely waterproof and excellent value:

http://www.ewetsuits.com/acatalog/drybag-daypack.html

They do a high vis one too, but it loses the front pocket.
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    I have an Alpkit one. Cheap, waterproof, sturdy, comfortable. What's not to like?
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Alpkit or the wetsuit one look great. I use alpkit and you never get damp kit.
  • Moonbiker
    Moonbiker Posts: 1,706
    Aldi special offers ones are good for £16 iv'e had one a few years now from there previous bike stuff, they are fairly small though.

I also use a vaude climbing rucksack that bought on sale yrs ago. Just checked there website & they do bike bags but they are crazy expensive now. :shock:

Both have mesh back systems so your back sweats less.

Find out how many litres the under armour one is so you can decide which size you neeed if you want a bigger bag....
  • trek_dan
    trek_dan Posts: 1,366
    Clas Ohlson do some really great inexpensive backpacks. I've had mine for years and its been excellent.