Identifying frame size & getting weight down

AW79
AW79 Posts: 14
edited May 2017 in MTB workshop & tech
Evening All,

I have a Devinci Ollie 2007 model frame size M i believe. However, how can I confirm this, is there a marking on the frame somewhere or can I measure it some way to tell?

Also, how can I get the bike to lose weight, It has all original components, e.g. daredevil bars, hubs, essentially this spec:

http://www.devinci.com/archive/2007/mon ... e_1_fr.pdf

Many Thanks

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    The PDF you've linked to shows all the measurements you need to identify the frame size. As for reducing weight... Pretty much everything on there will be big and heavy, but the only way to confirm this is to weigh (or find weights for) each part. Then, figure out what can be replaced easily within your budget, and go for lighter versions. Bear in mind though, assuming you're using the bike for its intended purpose, strength is likely to be more important than weight.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    What do you plan to do with it?

They are 40lbs plus, so will never be a lightweight.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • AW79
    AW79 Posts: 14
    Thanks for pointing that out, I hadn't realised the info was there already! I plan to eventually when my fitness on the bike is up again do some XC and downhill riding, I would to take it to the trails centres in Gwynedd/Denbighshire/Conwy, antur stiniog for example so a bit of both really. Are you saying due to the frame/fork weight that whatever could be saved on components is negligible in the scheme of things? Thanks again for any help
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    XC on that? Forget lighter parts, go and by a £100 Carrera off eBay and it would be better, that is never ever going to be an XC bike.

It's also no good for trail centres, not too bad at Antur but still much more than you need. Yo have the wrong bike.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    This ^^^^^^^

Sell it and buy something more suitable.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools