wrist pain- bar advice

katiekatiekatie
katiekatiekatie Posts: 2
edited May 2017 in Road buying advice
HI Due to wrist problems I am trying to source some alloy bars that are both flared and also have flat tops for my gravel bike. Anyone got any recommendations?

Comments

• bristolpete
    bristolpete Posts: 2,255
    These are superb. Not as flared as some, but enough there and nice flat tops. Not silly money too.

https://www.probikekit.co.uk/bicycle-ha ... n=10988201
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    I use FSA wing pros on a couple of my bikes, find them very comfy (flare and flat tops). Tend to go very cheap on ebay.
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • Also worth noting that you aren't putting too much weight on your wrists
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • tangerineowl
    tangerineowl Posts: 101
    Satori X-Race Aero could be an option, depending on how flared (along with hoods shape) you're chasing.

e.g. the 42cm bar measures 42cm centre-to-centre at the top, and 44cm centre-to-centre at the bar ends.

Purchased these (carbon model) as I like the drops shape and wanted a slight flare for my gravel bike.
  • bristolpete
    bristolpete Posts: 2,255
    Funny thing but I get nasty road buzz in my left hand on two fingers and thumb only as when I was 17 nearly 30 years ago I sliced through the back of my hand and cut through the tendons to the bone. Had a massive operation and spent 6 month with the left hand not in use, but only really got limited mobility in my left hand (wedding finger and little finger OK) and I think due to nerve damage it does get more road buzz and pain. I am a cr*p bike mechanic because of it...!

Carbon can help ?!?!
  • johnnymcg259
    johnnymcg259 Posts: 569
    Also worth noting that you aren't putting too much weight on your wrists

This.

A small adjustment of the same bar you use,up or down, (and I mean small!) can make the whole world of difference.