Disc endurance road bike recommendations...

mjf1017
mjf1017 Posts: 48
edited May 2017 in Road buying advice
I'm looking to buy a new bike and am after any recommendations.

My current bike is a giant defy 1, which has been heavily upgraded (wheels, brakes, saddle etc)

I'd like the following: disc breaks, minimum 105 gears/breaks, but most importantly it must be aimed at the endurance, comfort, sportive end of the market. I get a lot of neck, upper back pain so a slammed grand tour replica bike is a no no I'm afraid.

Any recommendations?

thanks

Mike

Comments

• luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    There's a pattern emerging here:
    https://www.cycledivision.co.uk/product ... -solace-10
    £1599 with 2 yrs interest free credit, and mainly Ultegra and hydro discs...CycleDivision also do the cheaper 105 version, for just over £1300 but I think the Solace 10 is better value.
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobi ... prod154512

I have the 2016 version (as far as I can see just a different colour) and it's fantastic. There's quite a few of us on here with one, have a look for the owners thread...
  • maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    problem is the Giant and Cube have the bulbous 505 STI , whereas the Scott has the much better Ultegras.
    [breaks = brakes]
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • Thigh_burn
    Thigh_burn Posts: 489
    Condor Fratello Disc, I adore mine. Not the lightest bike in the world, but is lovely to ride and very comfortable.
  • mjf1017
    mjf1017 Posts: 48
    Thanks all, there are some lovely bikes there. Think I'll have to go and do some testing... :D

Mike
  • mugensi
    mugensi Posts: 559
    I just bought a 2017 Felt VR30, 105 groupset, sub compact FSA chainset and hydraulic brakes. It is a heavy bike,10.15kg inc pedals, bottle cages and Crud MK3 mudguards but its very comfortable and only slightly slower than my Felt F5 which weighs 7.3kg but I bought it was wet weather/back roads riding and speed was never a consideration.
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    mjf1017 wrote:
    Thanks all, there are some lovely bikes there. Think I'll have to go and do some testing... :D

Mike
    Not sure where you are uk-wise, but Cycledivision also throw in a Guru bike fit (purportedly worth £150) if you you collect from store. Added to the discount on the Solace its a very good deal indeed. Bought mine via mail order so couldnt arrange the free bike fit...
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • letap73
    letap73 Posts: 1,608
    Luv2ride wrote:
    mjf1017 wrote:

Mike
    Not sure where you are uk-wise, but Cycledivision also throw in a Guru bike fit (purportedly worth £150) if you you collect from store. Added to the discount on the Solace its a very good deal indeed. Bought mine via mail order so couldnt arrange the free bike fit...

The service they provide is excellent instore.