My arms are too big

Buns_of_Steel
Buns_of_Steel Posts: 20
edited June 2017 in Road beginners
Afternoon,

So i decided i want to branch out from mountain biking and i've bought my first road bike. I'm having problems with the jerseys though.

My arms are too big for the jersey. The one's I've tried fit nicely on shoulders, chest etc but the arms are so tight its uncomfortable. If i go up a size then the arms feel better but obviously everything else starts getting too lose.

Has anyone else got a problem like this? And any idea what a simple solution is? I can't find anything online for this kind of problem.

Cheers

Comments

• haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    What brand? Castelli and others have some pretty interesting sizing. Anything that's aimed at racers is likely to be oddly proportioned in my experience...
  • I've cut the inside arm seam on some of my cycling jerseys to accommodate my mahoosive arms. Buy a jersey to fit my arms and it's like wearing a colorful bin bag.
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    You need to try various brands to see which fit you. Some like Gore have different fittings from racing tight to more relaxed mountain biking sizing.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    HaydenM wrote:
    What brand? Castelli and others have some pretty interesting sizing. Anything that's aimed at racers is likely to be oddly proportioned in my experience...

Not odd to racers who have no arm muscles, just odd to us normal folk who pick things up from time to time.
  • Yep, try different brands. I couldn't even get my forearm down the sleeve of a xxl Sportful rain jacket recently. Anything 'pro' will have tight arms. Even the same manufacturer varies between their 'pro' and 'sportive' fits when you try them.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Tri suit may be the way forward for you, otherwise as per A/W above.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Tank top, or a big girl's blouse.
  • timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    In 'The Secret Race' it mentions Lance Armstrong having the same problem and cutting his sleeves.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    TimothyW wrote:
    In 'The Secret Race' it mentions Lance Armstrong having the same problem and cutting his sleeves.

Yeah, but he's a dick so ignore him.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Try Rapha, I'm large in the arms but their cut for jerseys is spot on.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • mugensi
    mugensi Posts: 559
    You should try FatLadattheBack clothing, I'm sure they have something to fit you :wink:
  • geryben
    geryben Posts: 15
    TimothyW wrote:

Yeah, but he's a dick so ignore him.

Why he is dick?
  • cyberknight
    cyberknight Posts: 1,238
    Uhm given how he cheated , defrauded and bullied a certain ex pro rider is not well regarded by many .
    FCN 3/5/9