Cassette body change (superstar icon ultra 11spd)

step83
step83 Posts: 4,170
edited May 2017 in Workshop
Noticed the cassette body on my wheels is pretty chewed up so looking to change it out ideally for one with a bite guard. I pinged Superstar an email the other week but have heard nothing back. Does anyone know if the Superstar Icon hubs are Novatec F482SB's?

They look the same an seems to match the measurements. Was looking at putting the below on as it has the anti bite guard to help

http://www.eshop.novatecwheels.eu/categ ... e-shim-11/

Hopefully I'm not being naïve thinking a four pawlbody will fit one that currently has three.

Comments

• svetty
    svetty Posts: 1,904
    I'd suggest you reword your post as the existing title doesn't quite capture the essence of your query. Something along the lines of 'replacement freehub for xxxx model Superstar Wheel' or 'What is my hub and can I replace the freehub' along with a photo of your hub might help
    FFS! Harden up and grow a pair :D
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Title fixed, photos will have to wait myself an the bike are separated by about 60 miles, so stock photos

Superstar Icon Ultra 11
    icon-ultra-rear-blue-1.jpg

NovatecF482SB

7230053_475-750.jpg
  • timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    I don't know, but this earlier thread that Superstar contributed to seems to suggest they would be compatible with the 482 freehub:

viewtopic.php?t=12992903#p19265353
  • lesfirth
    lesfirth Posts: 1,382
    Yes they are. When they had a silly cheap sale I bought a pair of their wheels but they could not supply them with a campag freehub. They gave me the part number and I got a campag freehub from Cycle Clinic for about £30. Superstar after sales service was exceptional . I liked their wheels but I sold them with a bike. I wish I had kept them now.
  • arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    In the past I used BDOP in Taiwan to supply a replacement freehub body with ABG for a 482SB hub. Great service and fully tracked shipping

http://www.bdopcycling.com/Wheel%20Part ... 011SPD.asp

Not sure what the price comparison is between them and the EU site listed above. I note the above site does not quote a shipping cost for orders under 100 Euros. Might be worth querying. The BDOP shipping charge is $10