monday here's one for the pain, here's one for the lies

2»

Comments

• step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    The Vittoria's are going very nicely not sure if its a placebo affect but they seem to roll better. Probably just me but El Strava seemed to support the claim somewhat.

I feel your pain, my Pro4 endurance seem to just flat for the hell of it at times. Its the kind of tyre you wouldn't trust to pick up a flint puncture on a set of rollers, plenty of times ive sat at the side of the road thinking, how!?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,366
    Maybe it's because they're French. There's a number of reasons for that.

1. Affairs. Le wyfe poser une question "où étiez-vous" You need an excuse for that bit of Le Bon Bon with madame le boulangerie behind the bush "Mais une crevaison bien sur"
    2. Affairs. You want to get a puncture somewhere near that Cafe in Aix Les Bains because you got your eye on the waitress.
    3. Affairs. You might get a well manicured (5 trips per week to la Boutique as opposed to 1) pouting French thing in a short skirt coming to your rescue Au bord de la route...
    4. Le Histoire. How else can you explain why one of your Gallic brethren hasn't won the TdF since 1985?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Fair point, though pretty much all the cafes and boutiques nearby appear to be staff by Nora Batty types or males. Though if I tried to explain to a representative of the Gallic community why they would likely attempted to lecture me on the lack of British tyre manufactures.

Both are risks I prefer to avoid so I'll go with they are just being Gallic and a bit naff.