Trying to upload GPX files

Vdubbman
Vdubbman Posts: 3
edited May 2017 in Road general
Hi, I have a Mac, I'm trying to download .gpx files from websites that are showing routes I want to try. Pretty basic stuff! When I click on the tab where it asks if I would like to download the .gpx file, my Mac then pops up a window saying the file is not a valid .gpx file. It does this in the process of opening up Basecamp, the default program for this type of file. I have tried to circumnavigate this issue by trying to use another type of .gpx file converter, but I can't find one that my Mac will allow me to use. The message I keep getting is 'that the program is from an unrecognised developer'.

Can anyone offer any advice and is this common? GPX files are standard, so why does my Mac not accept them?

Comments

• fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Can you plug your garmin in and then download it direct to that memory instead ?
  • Vdubbman
    Vdubbman Posts: 3
    I have tried that with a a couple of files. one worked and shows up in the New Files folder on my 810, but the other one didn't. I looked in 'courses' but it wasn't showing there either. When I open the Garmin on the desktop it shows as being in the 'new files' folder though!!