Acycles

Wheely33
Wheely33 Posts: 25
edited May 2017 in Road buying advice
Been trying to ring these people to chase upnan order and no answer all day- phone just goes to a very generic answer phone message, nomention of the company name at all. No answers to emails either. Anyone know if theyve ceased trading or some such ?

Comments

• arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    Wheely33 wrote:
    Been trying to ring these people to chase upnan order and no answer all day- phone just goes to a very generic answer phone message, nomention of the company name at all. No answers to emails either. Anyone know if theyve ceased trading or some such ?

Not sure of their trading status but Trustpilot has several recent reviews that mirror your experience

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/acycles.co.uk

Hope you get it sorted.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Ordered some gloves on Monday, no email yet to say they've been dispatched. On holiday next week, so if they are here when I get back good, if not I'll sort it out with Paypal.

I blame Wiggle.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • rs6mra1
    rs6mra1 Posts: 105
    They are based in France and I would avoid them.!!!! They never answer the phone, I had goods despatched that I had cancelled and I could not return despite cancelling long before the were despatched. Paypal ruled in their favour so I had to sell the shoes in the end.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    If they arrive, well and good, if not, I'll get a refund.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • mike1-2
    mike1-2 Posts: 456
    I ordered some Mavic wheel adaptors from them last year, took an age to get them but they did turn up.
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,640
    I've bought from them several times with no issues.
  • flycop2000
    flycop2000 Posts: 55
    I have bought from them in the past, no problems and quick delivery.
  • charlie_potatoes
    charlie_potatoes Posts: 1,921
    I have not bought anything from them. Therefore I am unable to make any meaningful contribution to this thread.
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    I have not bought anything from them. Therefore I am unable to make any meaningful contribution to this thread.

My experiences mirror yours Charlie.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Garry H wrote:

Me three.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H wrote:

Me three.

Ditto
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • cookeeemonster
    cookeeemonster Posts: 1,991
    I've bought from them a couple of times, no problems.

Returning an item is potentially expensive though if you change your mind, that's the only thing
  • Wheely33
    Wheely33 Posts: 25
    Anyway.....My "stuff" rocked up this morning so all good. Don't think I'd buy from them again though given the apparent lack of anyone at the end of a phone, this side of the channel, to sort out any problems that may arise....
  • mtbjunkie08
    mtbjunkie08 Posts: 192
    I've bought a couple of things from them within the last year or so and delivery has been very quick, within 2-3 days so I'm surprised so many of you have had problems. Perhaps quality of service has dropped recently.

If you pay by paypal and need to return something you can now claim back your returns postage via Paypal: https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

I used this recently when returning something back to Merlin Cycles using myHermes Courier and Paypal refunded me within 2 days.