New TT bike - Giant or Trek

meesterbond
meesterbond Posts: 1,240
edited May 2017 in Road buying advice
Thinking about swapping the frame from my Dolan Scala to something a bit more integrated and after making a rather long short list, came down to either the Giant Trinity or Speed Concept 7... Considered the P5, Plasma, Speedmax and Shiv but the first two are rather more than I want to spend, the Speedmax doesn't seem to come as a frame and the Shiv is really just too ugly (and too expensive).

The Giant's currently in the lead as I know I'll be able to get a decent fit on it and it'll take my Rotor 30mm chainset.. but are there any good reasons to go for the Trek over the Giant? I'm expecting the Trinity to get a revamp pretty soon, but that doesn't really bother me.

Anything else out there that I should look at?

Comments

• napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Either of those two are about as good as it gets at the moment. I'd have a speed concept as there one for sale cheap at my local trek store but the bb90 stops me from using my bb30 power meter.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • meesterbond
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Either of those two are about as good as it gets at the moment. I'd have a speed concept as there one for sale cheap at my local trek store but the bb90 stops me from using my bb30 power meter.

That's one of the main reasons why the Giant seems like a good bet - I've got a PM on the Rotor that I'd prefer not to replace if I can help it.
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    a lot of the super fast people are on the giant, the shiv TT model looks rapid but is probably due a refresh.

id recommend getting the one that gives you the most aero position and has the most adjustability
  • meesterbond
    You're probably right - I've ordered the Giant now should be here next week I'd hope. Other than a BB I should have everything else I need to build it up over the coming weeks.
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Cancel your order and spend the money on aero testing instead.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • meesterbond
    Grill wrote:
    Cancel your order and spend the money on aero testing instead.

I'll also be booking a session with Xavier shortly... thought it was better to do it with a bike I'm planning to keep for a good few years rather than the old one.