'ning

ride, cafes, volcanoes, lazing

need to go shopping too
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    Wfh as we've got the joys of the sparkie coming over

Later might be a run as I cut last nights short as my leg was getting sore - bright side, managed 8 miles and was better on the hills

Then we are having a BBQ - which doesn't help my no drinking
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    New phone today (other one got dropped). Wardrobe fitters hopefully, not that I've moved the carpets yet.

Working from home though. Not sure about dinner yet, The Date has a PT session later so god knows what mood she will be in
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Glorious day here so will be using the good bike to go to work on. Fancy a quiet day: ride in, weights sesh first thing, bit of food, coffee and chill, take fit burd for a run, ride home, coffee.

Hmmmmmmmm - has potential methinks.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,327
    Morning folks,
    Nice and sunny out and I even managed to pedal into work. Bit fresh mind you. Been rather busy first thing and still got enough to do that I shouldn't be on here. Should probably put my legs away. Beer and curry tonight.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Its sunny, what is this! Maybe summers actually going to appear before next year. Nothing really occurring here, forgot a friends birthday so minor panic gift shopping at lunch, seeing as I'm his best man next year I best do something.
    Planning on spending the day looking for a gilet a bit thicker than the usual bin bag affair seeing as my weird body runs hot to a point then nose dives if it gets a wiff of a chill so that's the bulk of work sorted, later it'll be home deposit gifts and good tidings then make a pizza.
  • Matthewfalle
    Phew - made it into work without my taped on tubs falling off. Livin' on the edge.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,358
    Tricky off school 'cos of a stomach bug. She puked yesterday and has been right as rain since but the paranoid powers that be want her off for 48 hours. Meh. So no Hotel California here.

Will be hoping the mower starter motor turns up today as I have acres of grass to cut and I refuse to strim it all. Done that, got the T shirt. It's a PITA.

I dunno, some people just live in the wrong part of the country. It's been wall to wall sunshine here and not a drop of rain for 23 days. Swallows arrived yesterday too. They know when to come.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    TCTDay.JPG

Different day - different view (day unit - we escaped yesterday)

You can just see the top of King's College chapel and the university library (distant tower to the left). MRS Jnr is somewhere between the two at Queens'
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Lovely view that...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,358
    Garry H wrote:
    Lovely view that...

Probably better than what you're looking at.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    That view is definitely better than the one I'm looking at, mainly because I'm facing my colleagues. If I turn around and look towards the windows over the joys of sunny Hanworth it's not great either.
    Just had a long phone call from a woman whose daughter has the same symptoms as ours that have carried on for over two years and still haven't completely gone. They believe, as my wife does, that it was caused by the HPV vaccination. I don't think we'll ever know for sure, but it does seem to fit in with all of the reports. But I'm a believer in the value of vaccination so am a bit conflicted over it. I'm convinced enough that our daughter isn't having the second jab, I can't face her getting any worse. Pesky kids, who'd 'ave 'em?
  • meanredspider
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pesky kids, who'd 'ave 'em?

We had that discussion (Mrs and me) the other day to ask, if we'd known what was going to happen, would we still have had kids - and it was a unequivocal Yes.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Matthewfalle
    I'm looking out of a barred window at the moment, killing time by being on here and drinking coffee before taking some people for a run in the sun which is fun hot cross bun.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    if we'd known what was going to happen, would we still have had kids - and it was a unequivocal Yes.
    Without a shadow of doubt, tongue was firmly in cheek as I'm sure you know. Haven't been through anything like you have, but I'm sure that wouldn't change anything.
  • meanredspider
    Veronese68 wrote:
    if we'd known what was going to happen, would we still have had kids - and it was a unequivocal Yes.
    Without a shadow of doubt, tongue was firmly in cheek as I'm sure you know. Haven't been through anything like you have, but I'm sure that wouldn't change anything.

Yeah - know what you were saying, V68 - it was just interesting to ask ourselves the question and to be so clear on the answer. It makes me wonder at what point you question it - looking up at your kid about to crush your skull with a hammer?
  • veronese68
    Veronese68 wrote:

Yeah - know what you were saying, V68 - it was just interesting to ask ourselves the question and to be so clear on the answer. It makes me wonder at what point you question it - looking up at your kid about to crush your skull with a hammer?
    Depends on the person I guess. For most people I suspect you're right.
    My neighbours, on the other hand, are clearly to selfish to have kids. They ignore the kids (aged 2 & 5) so the kids kick off, then they scream at the kids, then the kids kick off more. This happens constantly most days from before 6am. We even hear the kids screaming from the bath for someone to come and get them.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Depends on the person I guess. For most people I suspect you're right.
    My neighbours, on the other hand, are clearly to selfish to have kids. They ignore the kids (aged 2 & 5) so the kids kick off, then they scream at the kids, then the kids kick off more. This happens constantly most days from before 6am. We even hear the kids screaming from the bath for someone to come and get them.

The buggers. I lost a kid after living with her illness for 12 years, long story, not for here, but it makes me cherish every day with my other daughter and stepson, and try to answer every inane question, listen to the endless stories, try very hard not to shout and be angry, and be to there for all of the ups and downs. Makes coming here every day worthwhile, well, that and the fact I ride to work. I mean, I'm not some saintly/weird parent who bans electronic devices, chocolate, and makes 'em spend every waking hour learning Mandarin or whatever, but I just try not to ignore them and to treat them as I'd like to have been treated.
  • veronese68
    hopkinb wrote:
    ...but I just try not to ignore them and to treat them as I'd like to have been treated.
    Exactly. And when they're older they'll still talk to you and you'll have a healthy relationship. Except for a period of time in the teenage years when you may only get the occasional grunt of course.
    oxoman wrote:
    ...cherish the good and ignore the crap live life to the full.
    Quite right too.
  • Matthewfalle
    I'll moan about the cubs of the caliphate but they ain't bad. I'm just trying to raise them with a tad more attention and care then I got when I was being raised (which admittedly set the bar of parenting pretty damn low so I can't really go too wrong).

People say they're really good cubs, they are great fun to be around, do well and are popular at school and after school activities, they make me laugh and be proud of them so I can't be too crap at this fathering lark.

Just tricky finding enough time to hang with them individually......

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Flâneur
    Against the curve, I don't care for having children/wanting them. I can see how some memories and experiences are created with them around and how they become some of the most treasured though.

I'll stick to me and a Date, along with the hounds.

At least the builders have a clue, the surveyor and designer may not have done but hey ho. Tomorrow will be another day.
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Matthewfalle
    Running with Flaneur, I don't actually like kids - I'll do my damnest to avoid them at every opportunity.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Flâneur
    Probably best mate, saves the police asking any awkward questions
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Matthewfalle
    You may joke, but half the reason I won't help out at things like the C of the C's scouts and bits is that it bears a hint of paedophile about it.

Other people's kids are just annoying. For some reason they think I care about what they do/say/think but generally - by which I mean all the time - give zero plucks.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,415
    MF, I don't like your kids either.

Flaneur, even money and freedom can get boring after a while. You're here to spread your seed, don't fight it :D
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Lovely view that...

Probably better than what you're looking at.
    What, large breasts?
  • Matthewfalle
    seanoconn wrote:

:D

Nah - everyone likes the Cubs of the Caliphate.

Inshallah, one day, everything will be ours. And then let's see how messed up we can get.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Flâneur
    seanoconn wrote:

Flaneur, even money and freedom can get boring after a while. You're here to spread your seed, don't fight it :D

I'll spread it where it cant inseminate thank you very much.
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,525
    Flâneur wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

That sounds like a cue for a trademans' entrance joke...

Back down South after wrapping up things up North today. Phase 2 starts soon - clearing rhe house out and researching homes near me for my old dear. In the meantme the joys of work await tomorrow - think I will pedal in.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Back down South after wrapping up things up North today. Phase 2 starts soon - clearing rhe house out and researching homes near me for my old dear. In the meantme the joys of work await tomorrow - think I will pedal in.

I think that following your recent events you will do what the damn hell you want and if they have a problem you can send them to me.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,525
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

I think that following your recent events you will do what the damn hell you want and if they have a problem you can send them to me.
    Ta for that - please have a mini gun ready in that case.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]