Garmin Upload Issues

JesseD
JesseD Posts: 1,961
edited May 2017 in Road general
I am having issues uploading rides from my Garmin 520 to Garmin Connect on my phone, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't?

Today I rode to a race, rode the race and then rode home, all logged as separate activities. The ride to and from the race uploaded but the race won't upload?

I have tried turning the Bluetooth on and off a couple of times on both devices and they are showing as synced but the race won't auto upload?

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Thanks.
Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!

Comments

• vince133
    vince133 Posts: 61
    Have you connected the Garmin using the USB cable and tried to Sync using a physical connection? I have an edge 1000 and if I end the ride away from my wifi connection I occasionally have to physically connect the device to the computer to upload. No idea why but it does upload the ride for me.
  • JesseD
    JesseD Posts: 1,961
    Sorted in the end, had to unpair the Garmin from the phone, then pair it up again.

Pain in the arse but hey!
    Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!
  • GavH
    GavH Posts: 933
    Another reason why I'm giving up on Garmin - the whole Unit-Connect interface is just too hit and miss.
  • feemackenzie
    feemackenzie Posts: 130
    I agree Garmin can be clunky but is unfortunately a source to receive Vitality rewards/points. Else I'd give up on it too.
    Felt z95 - loving my first road bike
  • ZMC888
    ZMC888 Posts: 292
    GavH wrote:
    Another reason why I'm giving up on Garmin - the whole Unit-Connect interface is just too hit and miss.
    This is heresy!

[Sarcasm] Garmin make great products 100% fact. They never go wrong or have any problems. EVER.

Loads of people have anecdotally used one for a while without issue.

If you say Garmin aren't good and they have designed obsolescences and constant failures and are overpriced that would upset many people that have spent money in the belief they are perfect, and their world might implode.[/Sarcasm]

On a serious note I just directly upload my files to Strava. :lol:
  • venster
    venster Posts: 356
    I've had exactly the same issues uploading to my iPhone. I've got a ticket open with support trying to sort this issue out - their answer at the moment is to upload manually, but thats defeats the object of BT upload!

If I get an result with them, I'll report back....