edited May 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

stars are out, predawn is a bit nippy, only about 18, soon warms up though :D

brekkie, ride, cafes, laze by pool
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, a brighter start to the day here, dog walking done, breakfast , coffee, bike ride, hedges to be cut, lunch hopefully in that order
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,416
    sungod wrote:
    'ning

stars are out, predawn is a bit nippy, only about 18, soon warms up though :D

brekkie, ride, cafes, laze by pool
    Morning, any clouds in the sky? How's the grub?Could you take a pic from inside the volcano for us?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Suns out, so I will use summer bike to cycle back to the old place for a 10k race. Meeting a couple of pals on the way, so should be a giggle

Post race will probably be a visit to the old local brewery (will be a drinks voucher in the 'goody bag'')

Later is undecided, but will probably involve jobs and the local
  • TLW1 wrote:
    Meeting a couple of pals on the way,

Boasting thread>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,556
    seanoconn wrote:
    Morning, any clouds in the sky? How's the grub?Could you take a pic from inside the volcano for us?

sunny ride, food fine, inside the volcano may be a bit ambitious, perhaps if the tabby permits
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Same view - different day

FromTCT.JPG
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    Can I recommend Ward 10, Dumfries and Galloway Royal Infirmary MRS? Lovely views and it's a transplant/haematology ward.

Cloudless, stunning day here. Instead of pedalling, i'm resigned to toots duties. Unfortunately, there will be no cessation of this current routine until either: I finish the house and sell it or next January, the OH takes her break. By then the weather will be pants anyway. Meh.

Sunday grumble over. Later swimming and Giro.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    It was cold out this morning .... and they closed of the portway at 6am in preparation for the 10k run later .... that kind of sucked as I was going that way .... still the divert through town meant I could feel the adrenaline rush of anxiety at the unnecessary thoughts of running in to drunks, broken glass, rapists etc ...... turns out there are none of these today and I quite enjoyed the empty city ride back home.

Kid has gone swimming with mum whilst I wait for a tag-along to turn up
  • seanoconn
    Currently watching 'Wombling Free' a 1978 documentary about the wombles of Wimbledon common, while I wait for the missus to fix her war paint so we can all go out.
  • pinno
    fat daddy wrote:
    Kid has gone swimming with mum whilst I wait for a tag-along to turn up

Who would wheel suck you?!
  • pinno
    seanoconn wrote:
    Currently watching 'Wombling Free' a 1978 documentary about the wombles of Wimbledon common, while I wait for the missus to fix her war paint so we can all go out.

No, 1977 I think you'll find.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,329
    Morning folks,
    Another cup of tea before venturing into the big smoke. Unfortunately have to drive but wardrobes are a bit awkward to carry on bike or tube. Going to watch Guardians of the Galaxy 2 with wife and daughter later, supposed to be very good.
    Hope you and Miss get a change of scenery soon MRS.
  • seanoconn
    Pinno wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

No, 1977 I think you'll find.
    Damn Freeview!
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Pinno wrote:
    Can I recommend Ward 10, Dumfries and Galloway Royal Infirmary MRS? Lovely views and it's a transplant/haematology ward.

That would be nice, Pinno. It's a great view (for Cambs) of the Gog Magog hills and, from the other side, you can see King's College chapel and a few other Cambridge sights. We also have a good view of the air ambulance landing pad. But it does get a bit dull after a while.

It's nicer that the view from York Hill in Glasgow which mostly seemed to be a tower block in which they filmed Taggart. Occasionally we'd be somewhere that you could see the new Transport Museum on the Clyde and the sea plane landing and taking off.

Looking forward to next week when Mrs MRS is back from Scotland (MRS jnr having finished his Advanced Higher (translates to A Levels for our English audience) exams) so I can get a bit of a break, go to work and get out on my bike.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    well, i m going to Mallorca for 8 days of cycling.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    mamba80 wrote:
    More cycling sun seekers - this place is full of 'em. Enjoy.

I'm doing bit of packing, quick trip to the shops for supplies then off up North this afternoon. Think I'll time my drive so I can listen to both of the PL games on the radio and make the journey a bit more bearable.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    we reached scorchio around solar noon, had to get in pool, cooled back down to 28ish now
  • mamba80
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    mamba80 wrote:

I'm doing bit of packing, quick trip to the shops for supplies then off up North this afternoon. Think I'll time my drive so I can listen to both of the PL games on the radio and make the journey a bit more bearable.

cheers, i need to get away from TM..... i dont mind my cycling to be strong and stable but nothing else lol! GF has other ideas on "strong an Stable" though!!!!

might be a little sad at times as i ordered the headstone on friday and will take some time over the next week to think about suitable wording, she was a religious person, so i need to brush up on my scripture too!

hope it goes alright for you too.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,329
    Yes, hope the week goes as well as it can Stevo. I'm sure you'll come up with something Mamba, enjoy the holiday.
    Just got back from town, traffic not too bad for London. First time I've been round the new Elephant and Castle layout. Fine on a Sunday but must be chaos in the week.
  • mamba80 wrote:

Make sure you take some Rapha RCC kit with you and wear as much as possible off the biek
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • mamba80
    mamba80 wrote:

Make sure you take some Rapha RCC kit with you and wear as much as possible off the biek

I d rather my sister sodomised by 16 Syrian cesspit cleaners than my brother in Rapha....
  • sungod
    ok, but 17 and he's in rapha
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    mamba80 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    mamba80 wrote:

cheers, i need to get away from TM..... i dont mind my cycling to be strong and stable but nothing else lol! GF has other ideas on "strong an Stable" though!!!!

might be a little sad at times as i ordered the headstone on friday and will take some time over the next week to think about suitable wording, she was a religious person, so i need to brush up on my scripture too!

hope it goes alright for you too.
    Thanks.

You might want to have a look at the wording on other headstones and adapt some of it to make it relevant?

The cycling is bound to be good. Enjoy the weather as well - it's brass monkeys up North (for May).
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]