saturday dawns

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,432
edited May 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

well not quite dawn, but soon

brekkie, easy ride, and the first cafe solo of the hols, bit of shopping, veg by the pool
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, breakfast ,tea , Lincolnshire arrow sportive
    Have a good weekend
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    Up early, can't get back to sleep.

Day of jobs and Dads taxi awaits. Also need to get sorted for heading North tomorrow. This evening will be attending a concert that Stropteen is playing in - it had better finish before MOTD.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Tired after too much ale last night, ended up at the neighbours for a BBQ and lots of cider

Today is a bit of dad taxi, then some friends are coming over for a walk, later is a meal out somewhere
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Persisting down!

Move to plan B, don't do plan A.

Invent plan B whilst having a lie in :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Romantic day plans cancelled as babysitter falls through :roll: I'll try to exercise and pretend not to be grumpy.

Have a good day everyone.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • team47b wrote:
    Persisting down!

Brilliant
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • seanoconn
    team47b wrote:
    Persisting down!

Brilliant
    Why?
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337

Brilliant

#TLDR :wink:
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • meanredspider
    Dad ambulance. A&E last night. Room 3 ward C9 - my home-from-home.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Hope all is well MRS.

Me, fifty miles before 9.30. Oakleys were ablaze! Now coffee and croissants.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    The joys of immuno suppression I guess.

Me doing arbitration, negotiation, discipline, entertainment duties me. Or being Dad for simplification.

Gazza must have got out on his bike by 3am.

Update later.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Garry H
    Pah! 28.7KM hour over undulating roads. That's practically pro level!

Out with family and in laws for picnic, then pub dinner tonight, followed by Giro. Daughter's sixth birthday party tha morras.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    Dad ambulance. A&E last night. Room 3 ward C9 - my home-from-home.
    Keep your chin up MRS. You don't half deserve a lucky break in all of this.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • meanredspider
    Thanks, all - getting used to it. Yup - chemo has put her counts through the floor so we're under strict instruction to be in hospital as fast as possible if her temp spikes to get IV antibiotics.

The only way to be admitted outside 9-5 weekday hours is through A&E which is a prize PITA because, in the nicest possible way, they don't know what they're doing and it typically takes 4 hours before we're able to get up to the ward (where they are exceptional).

A&E is an eye-opening place. Lass about the same age as my daughter was in the bay next to us chucking up because she'd drunk Domestos. Why? Because she'd had a row with her boyfriend and because a friend of hers had just been diagnosed with leukaemia. Luckily she was wheeled out before Miss MRS had the chance to shout at her...

I'm good. Just very tired.
  • seanoconn
    Garry H wrote:
    Hope all is well MRS.

Me, fifty miles before 9.30. Oakleys were ablaze! Now coffee and croissants.
    How much petrol did you use?
  • Garry H
    Oakley powered Sean, Oakley powered. They don't call me the Gaztron for nowt.
  • seanoconn
    Garry H wrote:
    Not including Garry, who calls you Gaztron?
  • pinno
    seanoconn wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

His alter ego.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Best wishes MRS. Can't fathom that kind of stress and worry. I'm just working for a bunch of numbskulls as clients and that's enough to give me sleepless nights and the shakes.

Today was first day off in 12. Average working hours up around 14 a day for those, mainly thanks to aforementioned numbskulls.

Sample conversation...

Me: Can you generate a stock on hand file for the warehouse inventory?
    Them: Sure, that's a standard report. (It should be). Here you go (email inbox pings).
    Me: Thanks. You checked this?
    Them: Yes, report is the one we use for audit.
    Me: (Opens file, quick check of totals lines). Really? Have audit noticed you claim to have more than a million pallets in that warehouse worth over 63.6 BILLION dollars?
    Them: Er... let us check that again.
    Me: Good idea.

:roll:
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Mowed the lawns and cut hedges this morn.
    Bike this avo.
    Guardians of the Galaxy 2 tonight. Woo hoo.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • seanoconn wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    Persisting down!

Brilliant
    Why?

the other 364 days a year is sunshine
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    Persisting down!

Brilliant
    Why?

Oh I see. Agreed :D
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Afternoon folks,
    More pottering today. Picked up a used wardrobe for my nephew, now need to go and see him tomorrow, at least we get fed and will have a wander round Borough market whilst we're there. Changed the brake pads on the green bike. Quick ride round the block to bed them in, might get a fright if I hadn't done that immediately and forgot. Now chilling and waiting for the rugby to start.
    Friday night in A&E, that's like a zoo MRS. Hope she's picked up and you can get her home.
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    Bit of a lie in this morning, then pottered about until midday when we hopped in the car to go and pick up my eldest son's new Isla bike. Bargain on eBay as it has only been ridden half a dozen times.

Got home, bit of lunch, off to Evans for new bar tape, fitted that and now a chilled afternoon before I whack some burgers on the bbq. Wife is out all day so me and the boys are doing what the hell we like, which is not a lot.
  • Garry H
    Pinno wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

His alter ego.

My alter ego goes by the name of The G Force.

How's the weather on that side Pinno? Sunny but windy?
  • pinno
    Not bad GT. Started out nippy but has gradually got warmer and the wind has dropped a little. Might pedal later and burn off the fajitas.

I kicked the cat out at precisely 4.31am*. I had to stop for a moment and look at the dawn. Stunning colours on the horizon. Had I not been so keen to get back to bed, I would have stayed and watched the sun come up.

*On account of him harassing me for some food which he had but didn't want because he like meaty sticks and he gets rationed.
  • team47b
    seanoconn wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    Persisting down!

Brilliant
    Why?

Unfortunately it only rained for an hour, then went back to normal, still it was good to see :D
  • Garry H
    Hasn't rained for over a week here!
  • team47b
    Garry H wrote:
    Hasn't rained for over a week here!

You mean that it only rains for up to six days continuous at a time?

Which day doesn't it rain?

I might pop round :D
  • Garry H
    I see what you mean.

Today.