friday is risen

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,551
edited May 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

had brekkie at the champagne bar, i feel it's important to maintain standards, but just had a rather poor espresso in the lounge, you'd think they at least could manage proper sized cups

old tdf dvd ready for watching onboard, just need gatwick to catch up with the fact that it's friday and provide me with today's international new york times

really could do with more sleep
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    Sleep ok considering I've avoided grog all week!

Today is working local as I'm paying a lady and taking my trousers off - should sort the leg ready for the 10k race on Sunday

Later is the local with friends as it is Friday
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,410
    sungod wrote:
    'ning

had brekkie at the champagne bar, i feel it's important to maintain standards, but just had a rather poor espresso in the lounge, you'd think they at least could manage proper sized cups

old tdf dvd ready for watching onboard, just need gatwick to catch up with the fact that it's friday and provide me with today's international new york times

So that we can live vicariously through you, and to make the gloating seem more palatable, where are we off to? :D

Had a scare on my commute this morning, I was tearing along the flat at a fair lick when out of nowhere this fat thing on a chunky bike came whizzing past as if going downhill! Took me a few seconds to realise the b@stard wasn't pedalling.

Wore my Bolle shades for the first time this morning, likey :D
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    glorious day ...... jumped on the white bike and tripled my commute distance by going the opposite direction .... bit windy, but otherwise a fantastic start to the day.

now doing some bad-ass Mr Robot stuff and investigating a rougue wifi router on the network under a desk ... hmmm, is it harvesting credentials ????
  • WFH

Any cycling on TV?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Kazakhstani race I think.

School run for me
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    Morning folks,
    Managed to wobble in to work this morning, quite sunny out there if a tad fresh. Managed to get a couple of orders done and two cups of tea in. Need a coffee now. Today being Fryday I will of course be visiting the cafe for lunch and stopping at a pub to meet the Mrs on the way home.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • veronese68
    Forgot to say, anyone checked out the Google doodle today? Very nice. :-)
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Thought I'd posted in here already but it's not here so maybe there is a post from me in a completely unrelated part of the forum moaning about the GF being a pain...

In short, friend's wedding tomorrow, free alcohol, suit in car, GF stressing like a mentalist, running shoes stashed incase I need to escape mental stressing woman, missing a weekend of dusty mtb trails to win back some KOMs
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    McNing,

Turned up today in MTB baggys much to managements disgust going by the looks, off to some trails straight from work so its my excuse, though I feel a full face lid was a bit much for the two mile commute.
    Meh, coffee an some banana loaf
  • seanoconn
    HaydenM wrote:
    Thought I'd posted in here already but it's not here so maybe there is a post from me in a completely unrelated part of the forum moaning about the GF being a pain...

In short, friend's wedding tomorrow, free alcohol, suit in car, GF stressing like a mentalist, running shoes stashed incase I need to escape mental stressing woman, missing a weekend of dusty mtb trails to win back some KOMs
    Ooh, trouble in paradise, tell us more? :D I could write the book on mental stressing women. Your best option is to be ultra cool, laid back and leave everything to the last minute.
  • veronese68
    seanoconn wrote:
    Ooh, trouble in paradise, tell us more? :D I could write the book on mental stressing women. Your best option is to be ultra cool, laid back and leave everything to the last minute.
    Are you really the best qualified to be giving advice on women?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,509
    Veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    How do you know that he's on a woman when he's giving his advice?

Working from home today but busy with lots of calls and some taxi service duty later. Ho hum. Not in the office until next Thursday though, which is a bonus.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • haydenm
    seanoconn wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

She's just been stressing all week about going to her friend's wedding, she's not even a bride's maid. Apparently throwing my suit in the car and having a coffee this morning isn't the appropriate level of stress... I don't know anyone going other than the happy couple, the GF's sister and her boyfriend. GF's sister's BF is a good laugh so I'm quite looking forward to it, don't often get to see them as they work on cruise ships and he lives in Italy when he's on shore what with being Italian and all
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,347
    seanoconn wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    'ning

So that we can live vicariously through you, and to make the gloating seem more palatable, where are we off to? :D

Don't worry Seano, the volcano will get him. Maybe not this time, perhaps not the next even but it will get him.There's will be no need to scatter his ashes or bury him either - both will be done in an instant.

Me had meeting at school for Tricky. She's doing okay all things considered.

Me grass cutting me. Slightly sore after wind and hills battle yesyerday.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    Veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Well how many wives have you had?
  • veronese68
    seanoconn wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Exactly :mrgreen:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,509
    seanoconn wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    When you say 'had', can you just clarify? :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    Veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Pffft, amateur.
  • veronese68
    seanoconn wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Pffft, amateur.
    Even if I wanted one I couldn't afford a divorce.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    HaydenM wrote:
    Thought I'd posted in here already but it's not here

Jesus, memory loss at your age, you're fecked when you get to this forums average age
  • haydenm
    TLW1 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

Jesus, memory loss at your age, you're fecked when you get to this forums average age

I think I might have closed the page before I posted it because one of my colleagues came into my office, either way my memory is dreadful
  • pinno
    HaydenM wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

I think I might have closed the page before I posted it because one of my colleagues came into my office, either way my memory is dreadful

You spouted something about women on the seemingly trivial things that annoy you thread (if that's what your referring to).
  • haydenm
    Hmm, I think my only post in there today was about toddler photos with annoying, overbearing and religious hashtags
  • pinno
    I can remember this one funnily enough:
    HaydenM wrote:
    Shortfall wrote:
    And yes, why do men have to get them in the mood for a sh@g by buying them things or remembering to do some trivial thing that somehow demonstrates their love?

Like flowers. 'Please accept this gift of dying plants as a symbol of my love for you. Looks quite nice but really it's clinging on to the last breaths of life until it inevitably dies and shrivels into nothing' or would she prefer "I killed something nice to show you I love you PS. please lick my willy"
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,551
    sunnywarm here in volcano land, shopping for all the heavy stuff done, shiny bike assembled ready for tomorrow, dinner beckons

have a lovely weekend all
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    sungod wrote:
    have a lovely weekend all

Blimey, it's friday :D

Spent the day painting.
    my isetta is a 300cc bike