Last WMB Issue Ever

mikeyj28
mikeyj28 Posts: 754
edited May 2017 in MTB general
I didn't realise that issue 200 of WMB was going to be their last. I thought it was a better read than MBUK as it wasn't all about the big travel bikes.

Is it the rise of this website and other mountain bike websites (Pinkbike, XC racer etc) , that have contributed to the magazine finishing or is it reader numbers?

I used to buy it all the time until 2014, when I started getting it sporadically. Maybe it is people such as myself that have contributed to the numbers/magazine closing.
Constantly trying to upgrade my parts.It is a long road ahead as things are so expensive for little gain. n+1 is always the principle in my mind.

Comments

• turpinr
    turpinr Posts: 255
    mikeyj28 wrote:
    I didn't realise that issue 200 of WMB was going to be their last. I thought it was a better read than MBUK as it wasn't all about the big travel bikes.

Is it the rise of this website and other mountain bike websites (Pinkbike, XC racer etc) , that have contributed to the magazine finishing or is it reader numbers?

I used to buy it all the time until 2014, when I started getting it sporadically. Maybe it is people such as myself that have contributed to the numbers/magazine closing.
    I'd had a membership on and off for a few years and enjoyed reading it.
    I got the offer of carrying on with mbuk but declined.
    The free gift was a pair of V12's so I'm happy with that.