Campag Scirocco 35 or similar.

dinyull
dinyull Posts: 2,979
edited May 2017 in Road buying advice
Campag Khamisn freehub has gone after 1500 miles - replacement is £50 and I only paid £75 for the wheelset. Had always promised something a bit nicer when they wore out, so on the lookout.

Had been considering the Cosine 32mm from Wiggle, but they seem to have disappeared in the last week or 2. Basically I'm after something at least pretending to be aero - at least 32mm along the lines of the Cosine, Fulcrum Quattros or Campag Scirocco.

Fist up, after not getting much out of the Khamsin's I'm a bit reluctant to go Campag (or Fulcrum) again, but assuming these will use different hubs and ideally want something that will be easy to find parts for if (when) they break - like Campag and Mavic.

Any with experience of the Scirocco's on here? Also willing to listen to all suggestions on similar style wheels - budget around £250.

Ta

Comments

• redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    I have the Fulcrum Quattros and love them.
    Picked mine up from PBK for under £180 thanks to one of their flash sales and discount codes.

I should add that i am actually considering switching from my carbon roval clx to the quattro carbons as i trialled a set of those last weekend and they felt much nicer and quicker than the rovals.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    1,500 miles on the Khamsins is pants. Mine have been used for the last 3 years almost daily on my commuter / winter trainer and I must have done closer to 10,000 miles (at a guess, probably more to be honest) without issue. Are they outside warranty period?
  • dinyull
    They're 13 months old, not sure the warranty period for freehub is but Planet X didn't seem interested when the pawl spring snapped just over a month ago.

Worse thing is, they've barely been used in the year I've had them and most of the mileage has been dry miles.
  • dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    I had a set of Quattros and thought they were great.
    Have a scout on eBay. I picked up a brand new set with new Grand prix tyres for £160 which were removed off a new bike and replaced straight away.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Dinyull wrote:
    They're 13 months old, not sure the warranty period for freehub is but Planet X didn't seem interested when the pawl spring snapped just over a month ago.

Worse thing is, they've barely been used in the year I've had them and most of the mileage has been dry miles.

Where are you based? Could be tempted to take them off your hands if they aren't going to be repaired.
  • dinyull
    BigMat wrote:
    Dinyull wrote:

Where are you based? Could be tempted to take them off your hands if they aren't going to be repaired.

I'm umming and arring at the minute as what to do. I've had an amazon voucher sat gathering dust for months now meaning that I could replace the rear for next to nothing.

Will let you know when I decide.