Emergency Meeting at Buckingham Palace Today.

2»

Comments

• mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Mr Goo wrote:
    The Russians had the right idea.

Nice. So you're suggesting that the Royal family should all be gathered in a basement and executed? And have them replaced by a Stalin type despot?
    The execution bit, yeah. The despot, not so much.

I've changed my mind. French and Russians did have right idea.

I AM NOBODY'S SUBJECT.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    FocusZing wrote:
    Hold up wait a minute! Don't forget the Royals attract a vast amount of money to this country through tourism. Personally I think the Queen has done a brilliant job (figure head, but stays out of politics), she pulled her sleeves up during WWII as well.

And as someone has pointed out elsewhere, Phillip is probably the last person serving in public life who fought in the second world war. I would need to fact check that though, as I'm sure there are plenty of pensioners continuing in voluntary service into their 90's. They're just not in the news.

But in the meantime, let's enjoy Phillips greatest hits:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39806145
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    May goes to see the Queen yesterday (apparently to dissolve Parliament) "Mam, i ve screwed up and called the EU a GE interfering bunch of communists, could you announce something that ll take the heat of me and my irrational menopausal outbursts?"
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,699
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:
    The Russians had the right idea.

Nice. So you're suggesting that the Royal family should all be gathered in a basement and executed? And have them replaced by a Stalin type despot?
    The execution bit, yeah. The despot, not so much.

I've changed my mind. French and Russians did have right idea.

I AM NOBODY'S SUBJECT.
    We had the idea first. Tried it but didn't like it.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • mrfpb
    http://rochdaleherald.co.uk/2017/05/04/prince-philip-deemed-fit-to-work-after-atos-work-capability-assessment/
    Prince Philip has today relinquished his public duties due to his long service and old age.

However 30 minutes later he was deemed fit to work in an ATOS work capability assessment.

“He’s able to walk, talk and use his hands, that’s a hell of a lot more than most of the scrounging malingerers we approve.” Said a spokesman for the Department of Work and Pensions.

The Duke of Edinburgh is expected to start an upaid work placement as a check out assistant in Greggs, after he steps down from his current role in August.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtYU87QNjPw
    Many pythons take on citizenship
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    There hasn't been a decent bum on the english throne since the Tudors, and they were Welsh :wink:
  • mrfpb
    Garry H wrote:
    There hasn't been a decent bum on the english throne since the Tudors, and they were Welsh :wink:

If only Pippa Middleton's was in line :wink: