thursday encoded on a lower-dimensional boundary

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,556
edited May 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

a smidge hungover, but i have a plan

cafe etc. wfh, another cafe, then at some point head to airport hilton, work until hilton lounge time for freebie beers and snacks, room service, port, sleepy time ready for the morrow
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, just returned after walking the dog, cold easterly wind blowing, so breakfast , coffee, then bike
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Morning, busy few days/weeks. Hopefully that will stop soon. Plus side, Hawksmoore for dinner last night and I went all in.

Not riding tonight need to put some face time in with the Date.

On the downside, someone put a faint scratch on the side of my car, any suggestions on how to buff it/remove it without paying a fortune?

Hope all is well
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    , so breakfast , coffee, then bike

ah, the reversal of my morning ..... bike, coffee, breakfast.

I looked at a handlebar drinks holder in Cycle surgery yesterday ..... if I did that I could combine bike and coffee in a more elegant solution ... although I would idealy need a Brompton and a suit to pull that look off I think
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    Flâneur wrote:
    On the downside, someone put a faint scratch on the side of my car, any suggestions on how to buff it/remove it without paying a fortune?

Hope all is well
    T-cut is the standard answer I think. TBH I just leave the scratches & dings on mine if they're not too visible and if the car is ever in a prang they get fixed for free.

Sitting in dentists waiting room; the bloody dentist is late again. Think I will change once I've got this sorted. Work later then out for wine, women and song - well two out of three isn't bad.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Hospital

That is all :wink:
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    Flâneur wrote:
    On the downside, someone put a faint scratch on the side of my car, any suggestions on how to buff it/remove it without paying a fortune?l

All cars are now 2k or '2 pack'. That means that the top coat of colour is then lacquered. It is quite probable that the scratch is in the lacquer and not the top coat.
    T cut is a colour restorer but can be used. Buy some Hallfrauds rubbing compound and gently take the scratch out, taking care not to go too far around the scratch. There are plenty of self help vids on Youtube. 'Clay bar's' are very popular but all you need to look at is this whole enhancement/repair of the lacquer. You can also use some fine wet and dry 2000 paper but that's best for the more experienced obsessed. I would stick with the rubbing compound or if you have the time and patience, T cut at a long push.

Me going pedalling me. It's lovely. No Cafe on this route so i'll have to fill the back pockets.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, hangover very evident this morning along with a bad throat. very subdued office today
  • Flâneur
    Cheers gents
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Another commute in the car :-(

Later is probably a run, though the legs are still tired from Tuesday's. Should really go to the pub
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:

Hope all is well
    T-cut is the standard answer I think. TBH I just leave the scratches & dings on mine if they're not too visible and if the car is ever in a prang they get fixed for free.

Sitting in dentists waiting room; the bloody dentist is late again. Think I will change once I've got this sorted. Work later then out for wine, women and song - well two out of three isn't bad.

Nah, use a hammer.
  • Garry H wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:

Hope all is well

Nah, use a hammer.

The dentist?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    Garry H wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:

Hope all is well

Nah, use a hammer.

The dentist?
    Got seen by another dentist in the end who has fixed it so I no longer look like a photofit from Crimewatch when I open my mouth.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Sounds like you need to change to that dentist permanently.
    Afternoon folks. Slower start than usual as we had to go to a meeting at the daughter's school to discuss progress. They are very happy with how things are going. The one blip is the complete and total inability of the RE teacher to make any allowances for her current state. All the other teachers are happy and say she's doing incredibly well given that she's doing short days and missing a lot of lessons. The head of year has suggested dropping RE which we jumped at, the only problem being her RE teacher is the deputy head. So happy about that. The boy got his UCAS application finished and in yesterday, so that's another thing off the EPO's worry list. Obviously her worry list has a substantial impact on my quality of life. Been rather busy since I got into work, but that's the nature of it. Quiet night in tonight as the Mrs is out to her book club. Not sure why they call it a book club, it's more of a white wine club.
  • Flâneur
    who cares what the club is called
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Flâneur wrote:
    who cares what the club is called

Who cares? ™
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • pinno
    Took a slight detour to find a cafe. Well, when I say 'cafe', what I meant is a tiny shop in a terraced row with a table and 3 chairs. However, 1 x BLT roll, 1 Kit Kat and a coffee for £3.68. Only in the middle of nowhere Scotland. 33 mile headwind and hills left me pretty whacked. However, 30 mile ride home felt almost effortless with a brisk tailwind and only 11 cattle grids to bunny hop. 1 puncture. Frikkinn Michelin's.

3a05e8a5bc806b03016800879b96f59d.jpg
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,556
    proper cafe then

none of this trendy shite with wifi, curated beans, beardy hipsters, and poncey quinoa artisanal nonsense
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Garry H
    Sure it was a cafe? Sounds like somebody's living room.

I have a sore lefr eye and left nostril. I think my shades were channeling the cold wind in through my left eye and then into my left nasal passage.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Garry H wrote:

I have a sore lefr eye and left nostril. I think my shades were channeling the cold wind in through my left eye and then into my left nasal passage.
    That's what you get with Chinese Oakleys :D
  • Garry H
    Webboo wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

That's what you get with Chinese Oakleys :D

Ha! I was wearing my ten year old Rudy projects. So there!

When I wear my oakleys, nature moves aside for me.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Would you protect your credentials with a pair of 10 year old bib shorts.
    Flog the Ruby's as vintage on eBay and get some Oakleys and pair of Assos bib shorts out of the change.
  • pinno
    It was the same for my lefr eye. That's why I had all the problems.