Cannondale Supersix EVO BB advice

coblck
coblck Posts: 217
edited October 2017 in Workshop
Hi my 2016 supersix evo has the dreaded BB30 clicking noise, was going to remove it this weekend but noticed it has PF30 in there (thought it would be BB30), can i remove this and and press some bearings directly into frame as BB30 should be ???
Giant tcr pro ultegra
Cannondale CAADX GRX 812
Voodoo Marasa 2011

Comments

• mikecassie
    mikecassie Posts: 39
    I'd say yes you can do this, knock out the old bearings and install new ones, but the bearings would press into the cups which are in the frame. Do you have the Cannondale crankset? If so do you have the tools to remove the crank arms from the 30mm shaft?
    I ended up fitting a Wheels Manufacturing conversion to my SuperSix. It was pretty easy and seems to have cured my creaks. When I knocked the cups from the frame I could see they'd deformed slightly with use which probably allowed the bearings to move and this was the source of the creaks.
    I'm sure other people will have other fixes which could be cheaper/easier but this was my preferred path to silence.
  • coblck
    Yes has cannondale own SI 30mm cranks
    Giant tcr pro ultegra
    Cannondale CAADX GRX 812
    Voodoo Marasa 2011
  • coblck
    Just checked my spec on cannondale website its a pressfit BB30 so ive answered my own question sorry guys thanks for replies i know what i need know
    Giant tcr pro ultegra
    Cannondale CAADX GRX 812
    Voodoo Marasa 2011
  • Pippy aston
    Pippy aston Posts: 37
    Good luck!!
  • Hi all,

this post is old but I will try here since you mentioned this product

BB30 (68MM) DIRECTFIT SHIMANO - https://www.bbinfinite.com/products/bb3 ... it-shimano

I have bought and now I am ready to install and found out that on my CAAD 10 bottom bracket shell there is a small screw the is in the way of the BB unit to be pressed in.

The instruction says to " Use a ruler and lay it flat across the bearing bores. If you can not lay it flat across both bearing bores then there is an obstruction. Use a die grinder with a 50 grit sanding drum to alleviate any obstructions. If it is a screw I just grind it flush then take it out"

I believe the small screw is holding the cabling rails to pass the cables from FD and Breaks.

Has anyone have experience installing a BB30 (68MM) DIRECTFIT SHIMANO in a CAAD and have encountered the same issue of obstruction?

Thanks and regards

Pedro

NokTfYgR6JZFs-SCpgymvXyjts6GXjOzXplXr34RflyBPfzT7kqY9EsUVeVzXFNSVx3IsVo7IUfTXd6AoXw0_Rrf-NhksGGUDr3lh70U1-ZjkKohXF8uKFc9n4eGf8Aa9XMvRLIJiVS4B7LcDx4w_jeqe4FD1C4TPkVtRTqHp1vttTSIq4DV9tZgUHf9qDczmU89vpQSWgrgRea4qiptKxPojUjX_mB9cVtAkJ8SThdnLm-C9JsomNQNoV-rzr4eEGtkiTLKRjcuv83oZGpM9Aukimz3rBvVnVEJ_a3oH4muloPnVP_bdCH6c0R6lByy12W24kt9hEWerlU3FA6bar8Vi8CbzFQTvzOW2DgA756TtBJKC_GkWsowsQxRv_pc4LvNxvAlaDA0QCvIjtY0df9AFILUDMyTU7l5FwLrSz8ruoOzuQecccwriC3hngYPBOIzhRPlWkix8D87IvDRErflLAeeU3DmXxFKJ6ChApe_gbAyS3pszPfCJHr2WCoWnaFZ_G79tTH3h-hCpOig9OiBjQUXblGC_Rqu7en4rc9WwRFYDam46XoXNiUREbjSt9r0OpLdyLGVrNe8ZdbqGhS7gSdQR6r9EKillxRPGaE=w1206-h1606-no
  • svetty
    svetty Posts: 1,904
    @ pedrojunqueira

The SS Evo and the CAAD 10 are different frames: the SS Evo has PF30, the CAAD BB30 so a different situation and hence a different solution is needed. I'd suggest you are better posting a separate thread as the thread title describes a different problem.
    FFS! Harden up and grow a pair :D
  • Svetty wrote:
    @ pedrojunqueira

The SS Evo and the CAAD 10 are different frames: the SS Evo has PF30, the CAAD BB30 so a different situation and hence a different solution is needed. I'd suggest you are better posting a separate thread as the thread title describes a different problem.

Hi @Svetty sorry. I know that tech info. I am new here and thought this post would be appropriate as the BBinfinite and BB issues discussed.

What thread would you suggest? :D

I will probably leave it here as I progressed on my investigation.

It is not a bolt or a screw but it is a snap from the bottom bracket cable guide. What holds it is the cable tension of FD and RD cables. I will remove, install the unit and then grind to a level I can put it back on without touch the unit.

In the end was much simpler than I thought.

Cheers