wednesday has fallen

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,548
edited May 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

pack bike ready for hols, wfh, espresso, cafe, present cloudy stuff to tentacle of another gmc later on, taking mrs s for dinner
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,407
    The coolest cyclist on my commute said "Morning" to me this morning :D :oops: Its only taken him two years :roll: He cycles the other way so I'm going to have to work out how we can become best friends :twisted:

In other news, I hate estate agents.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • sungod
    he's not cool anymore then :)

and he's probably an estate agent, which would make sense as he's not cool

bike packed, off to cafe for restorative things
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,407
    sungod wrote:
    he's not cool anymore then :)

and he's probably an estate agent, which would make sense as he's not cool

bike packed, off to cafe for restorative things
    I hope you have some cloud on holiday and the food isn't quite as nice as normal :P
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • sungod
    oooo that's mean
  • sungod
    edited May 2017
    oooo that's mean

hmmm, double post

let me add that the first espresso and pastry of the day have been had
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Up early to go running around the woods as it's another stunning day north of the wall. I get twice as far in the same time so the hound gets much more exercise, wouldn't be surprised if he didn't move from the corner of my office all day today. Still haven't found a solution to the slight groggy feeling I get if I do exercise first thing in the morning, coffee isn't doing it
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    So mean he said it twice.

Morning etc, can tell its a little colder this morning the Pedros round here are all wrapped up for some arctic expedition again.
    Dropped the vehicle in today not for any repairs just an MOT an some toys to make more power.

Plan for the day, drink coffee, drink water, reject requests to access betfred and facebook, steal blind mans dog (only walking it) an pick up car later.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,320
    Morning folks,
    I'm feeling a bit groggy this morning too, I don't think it's exercise related as it started before I wobbled in. I'm pretty sure it's grog related. Beer and curry last night was good, not so good this morning. Be thankful you don't share an office with me. Today being Wednesday I will be off to the pub later. The aborted trip to Wombledon from Fryday should be tonight so I'll pedal across the common in search of wombles.
    Have you considered starting a thread about cyclists waving Seano? I'm sure people will have opinions and I don't think it's been done before. Maybe you could factor in estate agents.
    Have a good holiday SG. It's been a long time since your last one.
    More tea is needed, and coffee.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,869
    Tired legs today but managed 14 miles last night so training isn't as far away as I thought

Work is just pure pleasure and I would do this for free - ish
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,344
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Have a good holiday SG. It's been a long time since your last one.

A healthy touch of sarcasm unnfortunately won't bring him down to earth or our level VN. Are you going to see the mystical cat SG and write some more tales? I would look forward to that.

Me doing household chores and the usual Wednesday run around with after school activities and general taxi duties. Gorgeous day here.

I can't work Seano out.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    oi, haven't had a holiday since august/september! do need to get a few in to make up for it, but don't worry, i already booked the one after this :)

indeed, i have heard the call of the tabby, the quest shall be resumed

off for a stroll and third cafe of the day

has been a gloomygrey morning in london
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    A healthy touch of sarcasm unnfortunately won't bring him down to earth or our level VN.
    Only mild sarcasm as whilst it doesn't seem like a long time for most of us, for SG it does seem rather longer than usual.
  • step83
    Interesting development at work, basically nuked all but four peoples motivation an prompted the rest of us to start freshening our CV's. Collective abandon ship has been declared.
  • veronese68
    How did they manage that? Quite an achievement unless there are only 5 of you.
    Hangover has subsided. Cycling over to Wimbledon later to start all over again. Meeting at the school tomorrow morning about the girl and her progress so best not be too hungover.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,498
    Step83 wrote:
    Interesting development at work, basically nuked all but four peoples motivation an prompted the rest of us to start freshening our CV's. Collective abandon ship has been declared.
    Go on, do tell.

Just finishing up in the office then headed home for a well deserved cider. Started recruiting for a new minion again today as one of my Dutch mob is retiring in the not too distant - should be interesting doing a bit of continental recruitment for a change.

Dentist tomorrow morning to start fixing the holes in my teeth, but at least I get a bit of a lie in.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • weezyswiss
    weezyswiss Posts: 123
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    Go on, do tell.

Just finishing up in the office then headed home for a well deserved cider. Started recruiting for a new minion again today as one of my Dutch mob is retiring in the not too distant - should be interesting doing a bit of continental recruitment for a change.

Dentist tomorrow morning to start fixing the holes in my teeth, but at least I get a bit of a lie in.

Ahh, Dutch are fun to work with. Very regimented :) I work for a Dutch company so had to learn how to understand the "Dutch way" of ding things.

Great bunch though
  • Stevo_666
    WeezySwiss wrote:
    Ahh, Dutch are fun to work with. Very regimented :) I work for a Dutch company so had to learn how to understand the "Dutch way" of ding things.

Great bunch though
    Yep, good lot and organised, but always seem to be on bloody holiday !
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    I thought it was the French that were always on holiday.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    If you count strikes, yes.

The Dutch bloke who's retiring gets nearly 50 days a year :shock:
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Pah - that's less than me and much less than T47.
  • sungod
    a dutch colleague amassed about 150 days holiday, gmc wouldn't buy out the days so he's been taking a multitude of holidays to burn it, much on accumulated air/hotel miles, lucky sod

the french do it better though, hols, strikes, and a country with beaches, mountains, and bits in between, plus wine, at least one cheese variety for every second of the year, interesting meats, and crusty bread
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Pah - that's less than me and much less than T47.
    Yeah, but he gets paid to go on holiday :wink:
  • step83
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    Go on, do tell.

Were a second line IT support, found out were now being banded in with the first line lot who struggle putting shapes through holes, example, user missing WinZip, their attempted fix was to clear the cache in IE.
    Anyway, they are being bundled in with us in terms of staff grade an therefore pay, except a lucky few who will be above us an no technical knowledge but can chase us all day for updates on faults, also we found out they will be a tier above us skillset wise so more pay. We are also now expected to resolve a minimum number of faults per day, 14 people expected to clear six a day, theres only 42 in the queue at the moment, when it was raised we were told we would be expected to take calls from first line, so not an incentive to clear faults!

Not only that but they picked four people from our second line team for a new project team, of which ones never done a project an another was moved off a project for failing to complete tasks, again theres an uplift for them for this privilege. An to add insult to injury were being moved sites doubling the distance to work for most of us.
  • pinno
    Is the 'd' not working very well on your keyboard Step? Maybe you should put in a fault report.
  • step83
    Keys are fine, some reason accessing most sites causes a notable lag when you type, so I can finish typing then watch the letters appear on screen an usually it will drop some of them randomly.
  • Stevo_666
    Step83 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    Go on, do tell.

Were a second line IT support, found out were now being banded in with the first line lot who struggle putting shapes through holes, example, user missing WinZip, their attempted fix was to clear the cache in IE.
    Anyway, they are being bundled in with us in terms of staff grade an therefore pay, except a lucky few who will be above us an no technical knowledge but can chase us all day for updates on faults, also we found out they will be a tier above us skillset wise so more pay. We are also now expected to resolve a minimum number of faults per day, 14 people expected to clear six a day, theres only 42 in the queue at the moment, when it was raised we were told we would be expected to take calls from first line, so not an incentive to clear faults!

Not only that but they picked four people from our second line team for a new project team, of which ones never done a project an another was moved off a project for failing to complete tasks, again theres an uplift for them for this privilege. An to add insult to injury were being moved sites doubling the distance to work for most of us.
    Depressing for sure, but not that unusual given some of the crap I've seen in corporate life.