Mavic Kysrium Equipe hub issues

paulbnix
paulbnix Posts: 632
edited May 2017 in Workshop
I acquired a set of Mavic Kysrium Equipe wheels from a friend because he was fed up of the noise he was getting from them and didn't have the time to investigate. I do have the time.

The front wheel is ok for a lot of the time but occasionally has high frequency vibrations and at other time emits a squeal.

I've looked at the bearings and they seem smooth with no evidence of water ingress.

The picture shows what I think is the problem. The two top hat shaped bits are plastic and are meant to be an interference fit into the inner race. Its obvious that the inner race has rotated around them and this could of been the squeal.
They are now a slightly loose fit so the problem could get worse.

DSC_0001.jpgwindows print screencertificity.com

So - are these available as spares? I've had a look but could not identify them.
If not could I use some sort of locktite to lock the inner race and the top hat together?

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    Drop a line to Behind the Bikeshed... in the past they have been able to source Mavic spares from France for me. If the spares exist, they can get them
    left the forum March 2023
  • bbrap
    bbrap Posts: 610
    A drop of Loctite 641 bearing retainer liquid should do the job if you cannot source a replacement.
    Rose Xeon CDX 3100, Ultegra Di2 disc (nice weather)
    Ribble Gran Fondo, Campagnolo Centaur (winter bike)
    Van Raam 'O' Pair
    Land Rover (really nasty weather :lol: )