Can anyone help indentify this peugeot bike please

ste66
ste66 Posts: 6
edited October 2018 in Vintage bikes forum
Hello there, i have recently purchased a bike which i believe to be a peugeot . it has been painted but i am intending to restore it to original , can anyone help as to identifying the model . the frame minus bottom bracket weighs 2.0kg and is 54cm. there is a serial no. under the bottom bracket which as far as i can make out reads Y8090591 but i am not sure about the 5. i have taken the paint back in certain places and it appears to have been white originally. i will include as many pics as i can to aid identification . The groupset on the bike is shimano 600 6400 throughout except for the calipers which are golden arrow 105 . The dropouts are simplex . The wheels are ambrosio super elites with shimano 600 hubs .The bars are cinelli.

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Can you post some pictures if you have a moment - may help jog someone's memory when they see frame shape etc.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Hi

Any pictures yet? Am just conscious that we may be able to help and don't want this to drop off people's (bike) radar.

Best regards

M

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Yeah, pictures would be good, otherwise it's difficult to id a bike from a manufacturer that used to be really popular. Ihad a peugeot when i was a teen, but it was just a cheap one.
  • Matthewfalle
    Any news on those pictures?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    He hasn't been back since he posted the question nine days ago, so I'm guessing not.
  • Matthewfalle
    Shame really as its always nice to see new vintage bikes kicking around.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,554
    if there're no pics, perhaps there're some superb decals?
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Matthewfalle
    The fact it's running Shimano 600 means that it wasn't a pile of junk to start with.

Perhaps an old team bike that repainted and part of the selling on process? Would explain the serial number ......

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H
    A decent replica at least.

Maybe he's gone away on holiday and will post those pictures when he comes back. Can't wait!
  • Matthewfalle
    Agree completely - be really good if we can help him out and maybe unearth some 'hidden gem' of an old team bike: get the provenance sorted, full resto, that sort of thing.

Hopefully he'll be back - if he is on holibobs then hopefully he's having a great one as well.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • imposter2.0
    Yes, let's hope so. If only we knew where he was holidaying - we could send him a card, or something. Perhaps the OP will log-in from abroad and tell us, so that we can all wish him the very best for the remainder of his stay. Fingers crossed!!
  • Matthewfalle
    Imposter wrote:
    Yes, let's hope so. If only we knew where he was holidaying - we could send him a card, or something. Perhaps the OP will log-in from abroad and tell us, so that we can all wish him the very best for the remainder of his stay. Fingers crossed!!

Exactly - it would be great to move this forward.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • imposter2.0
    Imposter wrote:

Exactly - it would be great to move this forward.

Wise words there Matthewfalle, and thanks for the great posts. I've just hired a private detective to see if we can track this guy down on holiday. It's heartwarming to see we're all determined to help this guy to the best of our ability, regardless of whether he gives a sh1t or not. I'll keep you informed!!
  • Matthewfalle
    Why the anger? All we are trying to do is help the guy - as many, many previous posters have said, we don't understand that why anything that falls out of comfort zone invokes horrible, sarcastic posts.

It's quite sad really.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • imposter2.0
    Why the anger? All we are trying to do is help the guy - as many, many previous posters have said, we don't understand that why anything that falls out of comfort zone invokes horrible, sarcastic posts.

It's quite sad really.

No anger at all, Matthewfalle, thanks for posting. Just like you, I'm absolutely determined to get to the bottom of this! Think of it as a 'race to the bottom', so to speak! :lol:
  • Garry H
    Must be away for a fortnight. Wonder where he's gone. Hope the weather's nice for him.
  • Matthewfalle
    Agree on both counts. Somewhere hot - like properly hot. Antigua, Barbados, Jamaica, Trinidad, Tobago. That would be nice.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    I hope he goes on a couple of nice excursions, 'Old Town at Night' and '4x4 trekking' would be fun. Also, perhaps a trip to the water park?
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • imposter2.0
    NapoleonD wrote:
    I hope he goes on a couple of nice excursions, 'Old Town at Night' and '4x4 trekking' would be fun. Also, perhaps a trip to the water park?

He did all that yesterday, according to my P.I.'s report. Boat trip on the schedule today, followed by a traditional flamenco display tonight.
  • Matthewfalle
    My back garden is well hot and nice and quiet. It rocks. Hope where he is is the same.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H
    Maybe he'll have his wallet nicked and won't be able to afford to do up the Peugeot. What then?
  • Matthewfalle
    Hang it on his wall until he gets enough money to resto an ex team T de F competing bike.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H
    No news? Oh well.
  • ste66
    sorry for the time out , i had posted this elsewhere and forgot it was on here, well full restoration is complete of this 1988 puymerons
  • ste66
    Hi

Any pictures yet? Am just conscious that we may be able to help and don't want this to drop off people's (bike) radar.

Best regards

M
    sorry about the delay !!, i didnt know i had posted here and forgot about it , i have finaly fully restored the bike 1988 blue puymerons
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152

holibobs
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll: