Tarmac or synapse

davey.davey
davey.davey Posts: 89
edited May 2017 in Road buying advice
Hey,

Ive been looking at the specialized tarmac comp 2017 and the Canondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra Disc 2017. I really like the look of both and am booking a test ride on both hopefully for next weekend.

I just wandered on people's opinions on the bikes especially if anyone owns either bike.

Open to suggestions for anything similar too, only from bike shops though, no internet as I want to try before buying.

I'll mainly be doing 30,40,50 mile rides for a good workout and fun :) aiming to do longer rides too.

Comments

• andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,170
    Well to start with, they are two different types of bike. The Tarmac is a quick handling race bike, whereas the Synapse is an all day mile munching Endurance bike. But, as ever, try both before deciding.
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870
    The Roubaix would be the equivalent of the Synapse.

I went Synapse, and have not regretted it one bit.
    An amazingly comfy ride, but somehow still responsive and quick to accelerate.

This review helped make my decision.
    http://road.cc/content/review/155985-cannondale-synapse-carbon-ultegra-disc
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • davey.davey
    AndyRAC wrote:
    Well to start with, they are two different types of bike. The Tarmac is a quick handling race bike, whereas the Synapse is an all day mile munching Endurance bike. But, as ever, try both before deciding.

I've read somewhere that the tarmac is just as comfortable as endurance bikes if set up correctly, but it has the more racey feel to it!?

I was thinking about the roubaix but I really don't like the look of them.
  • davey.davey
    Daniel B wrote:
    The Roubaix would be the equivalent of the Synapse.

I went Synapse, and have not regretted it one bit.
    An amazingly comfy ride, but somehow still responsive and quick to accelerate.

This review helped make my decision.
    http://road.cc/content/review/155985-cannondale-synapse-carbon-ultegra-disc

Thanks for the link man, I'll Give it a read.

I was a bit worried about the performance of it not being fun enough
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028

I've read somewhere that the tarmac is just as comfortable as endurance bikes if set up correctly, but it has the more racey feel to it!?

I would ignore terms like 'endurance bike', as there isn't really any such thing. Any bike can be ridden all day if you are comfortable on it.