Replacing Rear Shock

Oglucas
Oglucas Posts: 7
edited May 2017 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi all,

I'm looking to replace my Cane Creek Double Barrel Air CS rear shock, which is on my 2016 Canyon Torque EX Vertride. I believe the current Cane Creek shock is 240x76mm.

Would it be possible to fit a Fox Racing Shox Float X2 rear shock which measure 241x76mm onto my Canyon Torque? What effect will the additional 1mm have?

The only other air shock I have been able to find is the RockShox Vivid Air R2C Rear Shock which measures 240x76mm.

Any advise would be great appreciated.
Thanks.

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Yes it will fit, no perceivable effect.

Erm why?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Oglucas
    The Rookie wrote:
    Yes it will fit, no perceivable effect.

Erm why?

I was mostly just unsure on what would fit really.

My current Cane Creek Double Barrel Air CS rear shock leaks air. After a good ride it went from 180psi to only having 100psi, which completely changes the feel of the bike. Its got to a point where I'm thinking about replacing it.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Why not just service it, or get it fixed?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Oglucas
    cooldad wrote:
    Why not just service it, or get it fixed?

I will get it fixed and then sell it. Just don't want any down time on the bike at this time of year. Just want ensuring the replacement shock will fit correctly and not alter the geometry.