Glasses lenses

Rcropley
Rcropley Posts: 7
edited May 2017 in Road beginners
Just bought a pair of glasses that have 4 sets of lenses. Mainly to not be blinded by the wind then for keeping the sun out

One clear, they other different colours and tints.

Is there specific circumstances I need each type of lense.

Comments

• Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Yes. But without knowing the colours, we can't tell you.
  • Rcropley
    Rcropley Posts: 7
    I have clear, yellow, blue and what appear to be red
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Yellow's meant to be for low light conditions, makes things appear brighter.

Red and blue? At a a guess i would say that red is for bright conditions and blue for very bright.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,523
    out of those, i'd just wear clear

in low light a tint simply reduces light even further

in bright but misty conditions a yellow tint can improve visual contrast, but unless it's bright clear lenses are better

tinted lenses will only enhance vision in specific situations, for red/blue i can't imagine what those'd be for a road cyclist, but in all other situations they'll do the opposite

for sunny cycling, go for a neutral tint with good uv protection (visible tint may seem dark but still let lots of uv through)
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    Rcropley wrote:

Is there specific circumstances I need each type of lense.

Yes, to match the colour of the jersey that you're wearing.
  • In the past, I've tried the yellow tinted glasses which were supposed to make low-light visibility better. To be brutally honest, they made me see worse in most conditions, at least subjectively, and the tone of everything gets really annoying after a while. Since those glasses, I've been kinda allergic to any tint colour other than black/grey.
  • geryben
    geryben Posts: 15
    In the past, I've tried the yellow tinted glasses which were supposed to make low-light visibility better. To be brutally honest, they made me see worse in most conditions, at least subjectively, and the tone of everything gets really annoying after a while. Since those glasses, I've been kinda allergic to any tint colour other than black/grey.

The same way. :lol: