Scott Solace 10 disc

luv2ride
luv2ride Posts: 2,367
edited May 2017 in Your road bikes
20170428_202648_zpsjiung8xa.jpg
Arrived today. First ride out, very impressed. Certainly heavier than my CR1 SL and noticeable uphill, but the promised compliance is definitely there, and handling also feels pretty sharp (possibly even sharper than the CR1). Very stiff when sprinting too. Undecided about the flouro graphics on the wheels, and having a few issues with chain rub on the Ultegra front derailleur - a lot noisier than my favoured Sram groupsets. If this had a Selle Novus Flow saddle, 38mm carbon disc clinchers, and Sram Force 22 it'd be a killer bike. Let the upgrading begin! :wink:
Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...

Comments

• giampi
    giampi Posts: 5
    Great bike with a very nice frame. I once had to decide between this and a foil and in the end I took the foil. Had I been able to get both I probably would have :-) I would leave it as is, may except from the crankset..
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    Yeah, getting used to the Shimano drivetrain now, and after discovering the "on the fly" trim function for the front mech it's a far bit quieter than before. Also did some fine adjustments to the cabling which have improved things further. Growing accustomed to the hood shape, and the brake feel is very good indeed. Researching the chainset, it looks as though replacing with an Ultegra 6800 unit would only save around 100g so possibly not worth changing it yet, although if a good Praxis Works or FSA carbon set comes up I might go for that. Me (and the bike) just have some weight to lose for the hills. :wink:
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,248
    Definitively the logos on the rims have to go...
    left the forum March 2023