Is my orange five frame cracked?

Applesandoranges
Applesandoranges Posts: 41
edited April 2017 in MTB general
https://www.flickr.com/photos/154207085@N04/

Bought this bike of a very posh guy from his house after I seen an add for it on pink bike a few month back.

Im worried if this is a micro crack or something. If you look at the photo you can see the cosmetic damage on the sticker but you may not be able to see their is a tiny little black line that runs on the frame following the sticker.

Bit worried worked my ass of to get this bike.

I don't really know what it is but at least if it is damaged I can go about getting my money back.

I did check the bike over when I first put a deposit on it up and it had no damage. But in between these times this has happened.

I'm not sure if it's a scratch as it's black and isn't straight so that's why I fear it is a crack.

Any help would be good, thanks.

Comments

• midgehulluk
    midgehulluk Posts: 195
    I'd say scratch as it's in a weird place to be a crack, photo doesn't show any clear marks on the green paint.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Looks like the stickers are scratched to me. Don't see anything on the paint.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad wrote:
    Looks like the stickers are scratched to me. Don't see anything on the paint.
    Thanks for your help man I appreciate it.
  • I'd say scratch as it's in a weird place to be a crack, photo doesn't show any clear marks on the green paint.
    Thanks for your reply , yeah all that is their is a small tiny black line that I can't possibly photograph with a mobile .
  • figbat
    figbat Posts: 680
    I'd concur on a scratch. You can see some marks at the edge of the sticker where it meets the paint that look like the edge of the sticker has been caught by the same thing that has made the line.
    Cube Reaction GTC Pro 29 for the lumpy stuff
    Cannondale Synapse alloy with 'guards for the winter roads
    Fuji Altamira 2.7 for the summer roads
    Trek 830 Mountain Track frame turned into a gravel bike - for anywhere & everywhere
  • figbat wrote:
    I'd concur on a scratch. You can see some marks at the edge of the sticker where it meets the paint that look like the edge of the sticker has been caught by the same thing that has made the line.

Glad you noticed it I tried to show that as best as I can, yeah I think it is I've never even heard of a bike getting cracked in this area either. It was just a odd place to get a scratch and also it wasn't​ like straight so I panicked a little kind of looked like a pattern of a crack if you get me.

The guy was a decent bloke with money so I doubt he'd sell a cracked bike to me specially when I kno
    w his address. Thanks for your reply
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    That's an extremely unlikely place for a crack. Looks like a scratch
  • Myster101
    Myster101 Posts: 856
    I'd say a scratch, I've managed to crack my Nukeproof Mega frame on the seat tube.....not happy :evil:

20170428_192512_zpsiymechyf.jpg

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
    Nukeproof Mega AM 275 Comp
    Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
    Ribble 7005 Sportive
  • Myster101 wrote:
    I'd say a scratch, I've managed to crack my Nukeproof Mega frame on the seat tube.....not happy :evil:

Damm that is nasty, so much for nuke proof bullet proof lol. You under warranty right ? Hope you get it sorted man .
  • Myster101 wrote:

Damm that is nasty, so much for nuke proof bullet proof lol. You under warranty right ? Hope you get it sorted man Btw how did it happen..
  • Myster101
    Myster101 Posts: 856
    No idea how it happened. Didn't realise until I came to clean the bike down after the last ride out. Couldn't believe it when I seen the crack and where it was at. Warranty ran out 12 months ago (as they used to be only 2 years, now 5) but they've offered me the 2017 frame for half price including shock. Placed the order earlier this week so now just waiting on new frame to arrive.

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
    Nukeproof Mega AM 275 Comp
    Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
    Ribble 7005 Sportive
  • Myster101 wrote:
    No idea how it happened. Didn't realise until I came to clean the bike down after the last ride out. Couldn't believe it when I seen the crack and where it was at. Warranty ran out 12 months ago (as they used to be only 2 years, now 5) but they've offered me the 2017 frame for half price including shock. Placed the order earlier this week so now just waiting on new frame to arrive.

Yeah I have never seen a crack in that place before . Least you getting a new frame at half price tho. Most be a manufacturing error I'd guess