Looking for local knowledge of Nottingham

ilovegrace
ilovegrace Posts: 677
Hi All
We have relatives in Nottingham and I am trying to kill two birds with one stone !
Does any one know of a challenging sportive 70 - 100 miles (can be more) in and around Nottingham.
Local knowledge is a great thing !
regards
Mark

Comments

• andcp
    andcp Posts: 644
    Which side of Nottingham?
    "It must be true, it's on the internet" - Winston Churchill
  • ilovegrace
    Not sure to be honest !
    Will have a chat with the good lady and get back.
    Not sure if it matters we would stop with them and traveler !
    regards
    ILG
    Going to be off line until tomorrow , Computer down at home , so not been ignorant if i cannot reply to any posts.
  • andcp
    andcp Posts: 644
    If you're North or West of the city I may be able to help and there's a few Derby Mercury riders on the forum...
    "It must be true, it's on the internet" - Winston Churchill
  • jimbo78
    jimbo78 Posts: 19
    There's the tour of the peak starting in Bakewell on may 7th. 60 miles 5000ft or 115 with 10000ft
  • kiteloopy
    kiteloopy Posts: 94
    You could do the Outlaw triathlon bike section if timing doesn't work out for you.

Won't be a organised event but the Strava competition will be there if that's your thing. 112 of rolling hills, quite a flat but fast course.

Starts at the water sport centre.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,736
    Never done it but http://cyclelivenottingham.co.uk

Otherwise as above anything in Derbyshire or Leicestershire would be within reach. If it was a few months ago I could have given you some details of reliability rides or if you are reasonably fast there are some local training rides - I'm a bit out of the loop but I presume the Parrots still runs?
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • ilovegrace
    Many thanks for the information.
    I have had a look at the one recommended http://cyclelivenottingham.co.uk
    Put my name on the waiting list for the 125 , if no luck I will have a go at the 100.
    regards
    ILG
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946
    There was the Milk Race too, but I so far i haven't found any info about a 2017 event. (or even a 2016 event for that matter)

I've never ridden it, but it was a closed-road ride around a short city-centre circuit. 1.2km and as many laps as you could fit in during the 20 minute slot. There were various categories/slots and it was followed by the Milk Race proper.

The older I get, the better I was.