tuesday there is no now, nor eternity, all is :)

2»

Comments

• meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Many happy returns, V68

Bad night of fevers for me - all par for the course with my cold sore.

BIG wake-up call: the other dad on the Teenage Cancer Trust ward who is dealing with a second kid with cancer (one of us was Pol Pot and the other Hitler in our former lives) suffered a heart attack on the ward on Sunday night. Fortunately, if you're going to have one, a massive hospital is probably a "good" place to be. He should be OK. I need to make sure I'm looking after myself - a cold sore isn't a good sign and I definitely don't want to become a burden to my family - put on your own oxygen mask before helping others.

Trip to the fertility clinic with Miss MRS. Cancer is just funking brutal.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    He strolls in 'ere in his part-time capacity, typing in caps, making outlandish claims about being able to actually hear the written word...remember we know where you live :wink:

@pinno I've pi$$ed off, as requested, I went somewhere warm :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,345
    I presume that's a loft not a lift conversion VN?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,407
    Many happy returns, V68

BIG wake-up call: the other dad on the Teenage Cancer Trust ward who is dealing with a second kid with cancer (one of us was Pol Pot and the other Hitler in our former lives) suffered a heart attack on the ward on Sunday night. Fortunately, if you're going to have one, a massive hospital is probably a "good" place to be. He should be OK. I need to make sure I'm looking after myself - a cold sore isn't a good sign and I definitely don't want to become a burden to my family - put on your own oxygen mask before helping others.

Hope things start to take a turn for the better soon for you and yours.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,498
    Many happy returns, V68

That sucks MRS.

Hope you can stay healthy.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,320
    Yes, you have to look after yourself MRS. I know it's horrible for your daughter and it really is cruel with the fertility and all the other side effects. But, when I was ill I always said I thought it was worse for my wife. Being ill you just get on with being ill and trying to be positive and get better, it's almost a selfish state. The family have it far worse. They worry but can't really do anything. They want to do everything yet feel helpless. As parents of a kid with cancer, let alone the second one, it must be a massive drain and the stress immeasurable. You have to look after yourselves to look after her.
    I hope that doesn't sound preachy, really hope things come together for you. All the best.

In other news, just had a free beer in a local pub that's just been refurb'd. Thanks for the birthday wishes.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Yup - thanks for the kind thoughts, gents.

Re-reading what I wrote, it looks as though I'm feeling sorry for myself. I'm really not - in fact, in some ways I'm just reminding myself what I need to do and also be grateful that it's not me that's had the heart attack just a sore lip and a fever.

Miss MRS has really turned a corner mentally and is really beginning to engage with proactively dealing with her disease. She's started to write an Instagram blog (to help others understand), looking to start the right exercise and eat the perfect diet. Very proud of how's she's dealing with it all.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • veronese68
    Re-reading what I wrote, it looks as though I'm feeling sorry for myself.
    Not in the slightest. We can't really understand fully what you're going through, of course it will get you down at times. Better to have a bit of a moan at strangers on the web than people you actually care about ;-)
    Forgot to say, hope bloke with the heart attack recovers fully. Glad Miss MRS is more positive, that's very important.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,869
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Re-reading what I wrote, it looks as though I'm feeling sorry for myself.
    Not in the slightest. We can't really understand fully what you're going through, of course it will get you down at times. Better to have a bit of a moan at strangers on the web than people you actually care about ;-)
    Forgot to say, hope bloke with the heart attack recovers fully. Glad Miss MRS is more positive, that's very important.

About covers it v68
  • tlw1
    V68 - nearly sent you a pic of a bloke I was out with tonight - ginger and called Dave l@£&)&
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,548
    best wishes to her and family

positive mental approach, and doing what you can to understand and influence things are really important
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    TLW1 wrote:
    V68 - nearly sent you a pic of a bloke I was out with tonight - ginger and called Dave l@£&)&
    Haha, how is he? Still ginger then. Tell him I said hi to him and his Mrs (assuming they are still together).
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Haha, how is he? Still ginger then. Tell him I said hi to him and his Mrs (assuming they are still together).

Not too ginger!

His Mrs buggered off with someone from our place about 8yrs ago
  • veronese68
    TLW1 wrote:
    His Mrs buggered off with someone from our place about 8yrs ago
    Oh dear. Don't tell him I said hello to her then. Hope he is well.