New bike

Yosser70
Yosser70 Posts: 18
edited May 2017 in Cyclocross
34072454702_f8d58de495_b.jpg

Almost finished building my bike today but had to take it for a spin at a local spot. It's an Accent CX One with a bit of a miss match of drive chain with Campag and Shimano but it all seems to be playing together OK! Needs a bit of fine tuning but really pleased with how it went :) Think I'll be taking a spacer out from under the bars to drop them a bit and the seat needs to be a touch higher. I've got another tire to match the back but waiting on a wheel that's being built for me to put that on. Also waiting on a 170mm Ultegra left crank to match the 46/36 drive side, that's a 175mm Deroe on there at the mo! lol Really surprised how well it handles, it's very confidence inspiring compared to my road bike, especially at lower speeds. Been lucky as it's been a real budget build with £300-350 spent so far and that's including a spare set of wheels! Anyway though I'd share and see what you guys think :)

Comments

• iron-clover
    iron-clover Posts: 737
    That looks really good, especially given the budget!

There's no shame in mix and matching for 'cross- you'll probably knacker any shiny new components you put on it after a couple of seasons of intensive use so raiding the spares bin is a really good idea.

The frame looks really nice as well :)
  • Yosser70
    Yosser70 Posts: 18
    That looks really good, especially given the budget!

There's no shame in mix and matching for 'cross- you'll probably knacker any shiny new components you put on it after a couple of seasons of intensive use so raiding the spares bin is a really good idea.

The frame looks really nice as well :)

Thanks mate. I've made a few changes now. It's got full 105 drive train now including shifters, got another good deal I couldn't pass up! lol The frame is from Poland I think, just need to get a spare mech hanger from somewhere. Also picked up some slicks and it really flys on those :)