saturday with a type 453

2»

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,325
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Also started the ball rolling with social services yesterday to get my old dear transferred to a home near me as its just not going to work being 5 hours drive away.
    Hope you get that sorted quickly.
    Me too. Not sure what the process is, although am not going to rush it if there are no places available in a good home closeby. Will also take a bit of time after that to clear the house and flog it (assuming the transfer goes through).
    Yes, good home is more important. Was just thinking if too settled she might not like the upheaval of being moved. Old people can be right awkward buggers if you change their routine, look how awkward Piña gets.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Finally got an hour in on the Neo pretending to climb some way up the Alpe.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,522
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Also started the ball rolling with social services yesterday to get my old dear transferred to a home near me as its just not going to work being 5 hours drive away.
    Me too. Not sure what the process is, although am not going to rush it if there are no places available in a good home closeby. Will also take a bit of time after that to clear the house and flog it (assuming the transfer goes through).
    Yes, good home is more important. Was just thinking if too settled she might not like the upheaval of being moved. Old people can be right awkward buggers if you change their routine, look how awkward Piña gets.
    True, although she wanted to move South 20 odd years ago to be closer but he wasn't having any of it. She's actually auite amenable to it in her more lucid moments (has vascular dementia so mental capacity fluctuates a lot) - with her physical and mental state it doesn't matter too much whether she's up there or down here.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Garry H wrote:
    Tank documentary on BBC 4!

(Found the knee warmer)

Noooooo! Missing it. Gutted.

Stuck watching - for the first time ever - Britain's Got (no) Talent.

Seriously - if this is the country I'm serving then fukkkk that I'm outta here.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,355
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Me...through).
    Old people can be right awkward buggers if you change their routine, look how awkward Piña gets.

Oh yeah, too right.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Garry H wrote:

(Found the knee warmer)

I Player. Giving the bosch wot for in the desert.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,355
    What, a Bosch solar panel (cordless) fan?!
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Garry H wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

(Found the knee warmer)

I Player. Giving the bosch wot for in the desert.

On it like a car bonnet.

Just watched one about Hitler's Supergun. Mental mental chicken from the orient.

It's just the sheer scale of all this stuff that's crazy.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Completely bonkers.
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    True, although she wanted to move South 20 odd years ago to be closer but he wasn't having any of it. She's actually auite amenable to it in her more lucid moments (has vascular dementia so mental capacity fluctuates a lot) - with her physical and mental state it doesn't matter too much whether she's up there or down here.
    Hopefully that will make it easier to get her to move then, although I guess the dementia can lead to confusion.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Hopefully that will make it easier to get her to move then, although I guess the dementia can lead to confusion.
    When she's not lucid it doesnt matter to her where she is - on Friday she thought she was in Australia. The main problem will be getting a good home close to me that's certified for looking after dementia sufferers. That and all the bloody paperwork.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Hopefully dealing with tax will prepare you for that level of bureaucracy.
  • Stevo_666
    It makes it easier for sure. Still rather avoid it though !
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Good luck Stevo sorting it all out, at least it's all in English, kind of :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Stevo_666
    team47b wrote:
    Good luck Stevo sorting it all out, at least it's all in English, kind of :D
    You could be fooled into thinking its a foreign language sometimes ! Idiots may also be a problem...