Tyre advice

Shuggy76
Shuggy76 Posts: 91
edited April 2017 in Road buying advice
So, after another sidewall failure on my conti gp4000s2's, I've decided to steer away from them and try something new... only trouble is, which? Any opinion on these http://www.wiggle.co.uk/vittoria-corsa- ... hene-tyre/ or does anyone have any suggestions for an equivalent tyre to the gp4000s2?

Cheers muchly in advance

Comments

• Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    The Corsas are a lovely lovely race tyre. An alternative to the Contis would be the Schwalbe One...or the current equivalent as it has just been upgraded.
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    corsa's wear put quickly so do the scwable's.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • w00dster
    w00dster Posts: 880
    My Corsa's have just been replaced this week, that's after decent use throughout last summer and early Autumn.
    They probably should have been replaced a month ago but I've been riding them to their death! I agree with the Cycle Clinic in that they do wear and cut up reasonably quickly.
    The pro's are that they are a reasonably fast, grippy and smooth riding tyre. They also come up reasonably wide, on my rims about 27mm. Can also be had for a reasonable price. The grip in the dry is outstanding, fast cornering in crit races and I'm confident that they tyre won't slip away under me, wet grip is pretty good as far as road tyres in the wet go.
    The last Pro is that they look awesome! Mine go on the good wheels so only get used in the dry, sidewalls still look pretty good/clean after a good few thousand k's. (I have the Corsa 28s on my winter bike as well, nice comfy tyre, still in reasonable condition, probably a decent amount of life left in them)
    I'll be looking at Michelin Power Comp later in the summer to see what they are like. Reviews are good, but these are mainly from magazine's and not necessarily real world reports.
  • Shuggy76
    Shuggy76 Posts: 91
    Thanks guys, maybe will give them a go just for racing, then try the schwalbes